X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kadeena cox Has uk sport funding stopped for competing in the jump

The Jump: Kadeena Cox has UK Sport funding suspended
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/disability-sport/38505652

three olympians are entering the jump. One gets her funding suspended while she's in it. Can't believe uk sport have decided this. Either take all three peoples funding or none. Paralympians earn less and are funded less than able body sportspersons as it it. I think this is absolutely unbelievable.
    My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

I think the best result here is all 3 loose funding..
    the issue falls that different sports within the olympic and paralympic frams have different funding guidelines.

also, any sportsperson actively competing taking part on the TV show is silly given the inury record it has. stopping funding is absolutely the right call.

Comment

Agree, stop their funding but should be all of them not just one.
      i7 2600K @ 4.5| Asrock Z68 Extreme4| 16GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix |AMD R9 290| 120GB SSD |Win7 64bit

Comment

As someone who competed at a high level within track and field (unfunded) I agree with the decision. You're being funded to further your progress towards a potential medal, and if you then go and mess about on a TV show doing an event which could potentially end your entire athletic career with one dodgy fall, then in my eyes you void your right to funding within that period.
        Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Cypher View Post
          As someone who competed at a high level within track and field (unfunded) I agree with the decision. You're being funded to further your progress towards a potential medal, and if you then go and mess about on a TV show doing an event which could potentially end your entire athletic career with one dodgy fall, then in my eyes you void your right to funding within that period.
          I agree. So I don't see why it's only stopped for one of the three athletes who are taking part in the TV show..Surely the other two are at risk of injury, given they are all competing on the same show?

Originally posted by coiler
          Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
            I agree. So I don't see why it's only stopped for one of the three athletes who are taking part in the TV show..Surely the other two are at risk of injury, given they are all competing on the same show?
            I didn't realise it was only her being stopped when I first replied, so on the basis that they are all on the same Olympic funding cycle (all Summer Olympic athletes) they all have roughly the same time until their next expected medal possibilities so should all face equal consequences.

However one might argue that suffering from MS, which includes symptoms such as vision problems, balance problems and dizziness (which do not bode well for ski jumping) she is more at risk of an injury than the other two?
            Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

yea, while they are saying she is old and will not be in shape to compete in the future so another younger person should get her funding.

how to stir up media attention for a weak tv show....
              "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
              Plato

Comment

I came here to agree with the decision but Cypher had already phrased it better than I could have

Comment

Working...
                X