Olympics RIO 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympics RIO 2016

In case you are a little interested...but not full on avid..

a nice little overview from Google

Olympics Overview

if you are full on avid...

https://www.rio2016.com/en/app
    Last edited by joker3327; 05-08-16, 09:03.
    posted by scrivz69
    I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
    i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Been seeing lots of viral videos showing the condition of the hotels some of the athletes are staying in, most are filthy and not even fully decorated yet!
    i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

0 copulations given
      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
      Plato

Comment

yay . All thats happened so far is the opening ceremony yet about 75% of the news this morning has been olympics based,
        My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

Says a lot when I posted the thread and have not seen any of it.... must admit for some reason I am not interested t all.. yet loved the London ones...
          posted by scrivz69
          I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
          i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

i think all the big corruption cases floating around, all the blatant cheating some counties have done for decades coming to the fore it has really soured the taste for many.

i mean they have spent so much on this in brasil yet none of it will help their poor, their needy. at least our facility are now being used by the underprivileged and not the upper class like that will.
            "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
            Plato

Comment

Originally posted by luke22 View Post
              i think all the big corruption cases floating around, all the blatant cheating some counties have done for decades coming to the fore it has really soured the taste for many.

i mean they have spent so much on this in brasil yet none of it will help their poor, their needy. at least our facility are now being used by the underprivileged and not the upper class like that will.
              must not make West Ham joke.... Arggghhh

Comment

So we suddenly seem to be doing quite well!

How much of that is because of the order the events are running in? Are people expecting that we'll plummet in the next few days as events come up that we're not very good at?

Originally posted by coiler
                Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                  So we suddenly seem to be doing quite well!

How much of that is because of the order the events are running in? Are people expecting that we'll plummet in the next few days as events come up that we're not very good at?
                  Possibly

the tennis final was brilliant though, some of the best tennis ive seen in a while Del Potro was immense but ran out of steam
                  My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

Sir Andy Murray
                    got to be

that Max boy in the gymnastics as well was phenomenal

it's not just the medal count this time out though, it's all the areas we're breaking new ground.
                    so many firsts; diving, gymnastics, back-to-back tennis, tramapoline etc

for a wee totty nation, we're not half doing bad

Comment

Originally posted by niceguyrichy View Post

for a wee totty nation, we're not half doing bad
                      And yet we are still in the EU

All your spoon are belong to us

Comment

There was an excellent comment on my facebook feed this morning:

Original post: Excellent haul of Gold Medals today for the GB Team!
                        Comment 1: Amazing! See what happens when we work as a country by ourselves. Just wait till we Brexit and see what happens then!!
                        Comment 2: We'll lose millions in EU sports funding and we'll be lucky to even qualify for the Olympics.

Originally posted by coiler
                        Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Australians, Germans and French all questioning our track cycling medal hauls. Hinting at cheating without saying it outright. Sad really that if you do do well at something you get accused of cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by danroyle View Post
                            Australians, Germans and French all questioning our track cycling medal hauls. Hinting at cheating without saying it outright. Sad really that if you do do well at something you get accused of cheating.
                            did the same in London, one of the french blokes said we must have rounder wheels.... on our publically available bikes...

Comment

Originally posted by zeameth View Post
                              did the same in London, one of the french blokes said we must have rounder wheels.... on our publically available bikes...
                              Kristina Vogel beat a Brit in the sprint semi final then one in the final, then afterwards said that our performances were unbelievable. What does does that make her performance then.

Comment

Working...
                              X