Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EURO 2016 thread (aka the shame of being English thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine if we had Conte in charge, rather than Hodgson?
    Phanteks Enthoo Pro | i7-5280K | H55 | Asus Sabertooth X99 | EVGA 780 ACX SLI | 16GB Corsair LP DDR4 | 750W Corsair CX PSU | SAMSUNG EVO 250GB | Seagate 2TB HDD | DT 770 Pro | Logitech G600 | Corsair K95

Comment

i would like to see shearer, sherrigham and pearce in charge next.

i doubt it would ever happen, but i would love it
      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
      Plato

Comment

Hope they approach Hiddink for the job. Lovely bloke and actually isn't a bad manager.
        Phanteks Enthoo Pro | i7-5280K | H55 | Asus Sabertooth X99 | EVGA 780 ACX SLI | 16GB Corsair LP DDR4 | 750W Corsair CX PSU | SAMSUNG EVO 250GB | Seagate 2TB HDD | DT 770 Pro | Logitech G600 | Corsair K95

Comment

They should give shearer crack of the whip.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Originally posted by k3vst3r View Post
            They should give shearer crack of the whip.
            I disagree, he flopped at Newcastle, and as Sherwood showed, passion is no substitute for tactical knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Clewis09 View Post
              I disagree, he flopped at Newcastle, and as Sherwood showed, passion is no substitute for tactical knowledge.
              Counter point. Hodgson has shown tactical knowledge is nothing without passion.

shearer had a poison chalice at Newcastle. He's more intelligent now than then. And he really wants it. And always showed passion wearing an England shirt maybe he can pass some of that on to the team
              My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

Originally posted by danroyle View Post
                Counter point. Hodgson has shown tactical knowledge is nothing without passion.

shearer had a poison chalice at Newcastle. He's more intelligent now than then. And he really wants it. And always showed passion wearing an England shirt maybe he can pass some of that on to the team
                Further counter point. Hodgson showed nothing without nothing is still nothing.

As for Shearer, he may be better now, but we're England for gods sake, we shouldn't be taking punts on people!

And before I'm criticised for having "exactly the sort of attitude that makes us so rubbish"; I'm not saying we should be winning the world cup every decade, just pointing out that it's not too much to ask to beat Iceland.

You only have to look at the difference a good coach made to our rugby union side. We've gone from international embarrassment to second in the world in what, less than a year? Why couldn't England under Conte have gone far in the Euros this year?
                Last edited by Clewis09; 29-06-16, 11:09.

Comment

wasn't this exactly what we did with the last guy?

what we need is someone to get them working as a team, and let them grow as a team together.

i think that is something roy tried to do, and maybe has started a new culture with in the camp. but for years it has been the liverpool lads in one corner, the man u lads in another, and then all the southerners in another. they fight each other head to head on a daily basis and then we expect them to be able to gel together over night.

iceland have been playing together since they where kids. trained by people with uefa standard training. all their life.

not much you can do to beat a team working together in unison, people seem to really overlook that fact.
                  "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                  Plato

Comment

Great game last night. Shame Ramsey will miss the next as it'll limit them a lot I think

Comment

• Shocking game last night, Belgium were robbed, should have had a pen and Wales a man down.
                      Intel i5 3570k - ASRock Z77E-ITX - Corsair H100i - Exceleram 8GB 1600MHz - 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD - Samsung 840EVO 1TB SSD - Asus 960 Strix - Silverstone 500W SFX-L - NCASE M1 - Dell U2414H
                      Lenovo Yoga 11S - Intel i3 3229Y - 128GB SSD - Intel HD4000 - 11.6" IPS Screen

Comment

• All your spoon are belong to us

Comment

Working...
                        X