Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Muhammad Ali

A proper legend rip. His skills were unbelievable
    My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

RIP. He was a great champ.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

Had some dodgy views at the time he was around the nation of Islam crowd, but what a champion, what a celebrity.

Really says a lot when sportsmen transcend their sport, when he can say off-the-cuff things that will be remembered forever, "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee". Anyone who is brave enough to risk his career and his freedom for the belief of equality, is alright in my book.

Saddens me to think of the people we've lost this year, in twenty years time, who will be the next generation of legends that we remember? There's not a great selection to choose from currently.

RIP.
      Phanteks Enthoo Pro | i7-5280K | H55 | Asus Sabertooth X99 | EVGA 780 ACX SLI | 16GB Corsair LP DDR4 | 750W Corsair CX PSU | SAMSUNG EVO 250GB | Seagate 2TB HDD | DT 770 Pro | Logitech G600 | Corsair K95

Comment

Originally posted by Clewis09 View Post
        Saddens me to think of the people we've lost this year,
        I think it is because, during the golden age of celebrity and TV, people are starting to hit their deathbeds. Those in their peak from the 1970s-1990s were all house hold names, TV and radio. Internet has changed things and all you see on TV are big actors from known series/movies and kardashians. Youtube has redefined what it means to be famous, and we get names like Jack Jones, and Thomas Sanders, the former of which will be largely forgotten, the latter of which is likely to become a movie star.

Comment

Working...
        X