No announcement yet.

Huge crash at yesterdays 1st F3 Race - Spielberg

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge crash at yesterdays 1st F3 Race - Spielberg

In times past I would suggest this accident would have probably been fatal.

The drivers protection cell appears to be intact thankfully.

Although the driver is not unharmed it could have been so much worse

Update regarding incident involving Zhi Cong Li and Ryan Tveter in Spielberg

Following transfer to a local hospital, Carlin drivers Peter Zhi Cong Li and Ryan Tveter have received further medical assessment after a serous incident during Race 1 of Round 4 of the FIA Formula 3 European Championship in Spielberg today.

Having been taken to hospital by ambulance, Ryan has been discharged with heavy bruising to his knee.

Following initial assessment at the medical centre, Peter was transferred to a University hospital by helicopter. Peter is undergoing treatment for multiple broken bones in his heel, which will require surgery in the near future. Peter has also been diagnosed with four fractured vertebrae which do not require surgery. While suffering with other bruising and small injuries, Peter is alert and speaking with team personnel.

And an update on his condition
    I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Wow. Not surprised to see the vertebral fractures. From that height you are gonna land hard directly on your spine. The hell fractures will actually cause more problems in the long run. He'll do well to race single seaters again, but great that he's alive. The guy in the front car would have been decapitated a few years ago
    Originally posted by coiler
    the trails is where life flows best
    Originally posted by coiler
    Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.