This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess the other option is..

Bottas to Mercedes (he is managed by Wolff)
    Wehrlein to Williams - he is contacted to Mercedes, and Williams use their engines..

Originally posted by coiler
    Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

• Classy move from rosberg. Deep down he must know how hard Hamilton will be pushing it next year to get his title back. Go out at the top of the game,

lots of talk about bottas going to mercedes next year. I wonder if they will get a solid driver rather than an electric driver to make things easier in the team. Hamilton to win things and whoever else to back him up with constructors points.
      My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

• nico was the sedate 2nd driver type and look how it has panned out. if redbull close the gap (like most are expecting) then merc need 2 drivers who can race.

personally i would try to get sainz if it was my call, but i think alonso would be the cheaper option. we know he is willing to buy his own way out of a contract if needs be, and i bet he would drive the merc for free just to get fighting at the front again.

i say that as he is the hottest prospect not named max. yes there are younger guys breaking thru, but sainz has some exp and is the fastest of the group imo.

hulkenburg is interesting as he knows hte merc engine, the team and is between contracts. which is a funny place legally speaking so could be another option. he is older and in his prime right now.

well one thing is for sure either way. nico has made the end of this season much more interesting
        "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
        Plato

Comment

• Sky TV has got 7 drivers on their 'possible' list - with Button being one of them..

Comment

• he worked with half of them when merc were still brawn
            "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
            Plato

Comment

• So, Bernie is officially out and no longer runs F1!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                So, Bernie is officially out and no longer runs F1!
                Well that leaves some rather small shoes to fill

All your spoon are belong to us

Comment

• It'll be a committee so any decisions will take even longer.
                  I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
                  Dave Burnett

Comment

• Possibly..

Quite glad to see Ross Brawn is back involved now too.

Comment

• Maybe for the good though. I used to love Formula 1, remember watching it with my dad when I was a kid, Murray Walker commentating whilst Nigel Mansell and Ayrton Senna being inches from taking each other out.

But I've lost interest really since Schumacher started winning, and nothing to take away from him, he was a genius behind the wheel, but it was the start of an era of the sport becoming predictable. The advances in technology are a way the sports own enemy, and everything has become so refined, so clinical, it's just not fun to watch anymore, even with the addition of DRS and KERS.

The American company (I forget the name) that are in charge now have recognised this according to what I heard this morning on the radio, maybe they will make some changes.
                      GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

• im kinda gutted he is working with the brass as part of me hoped he would take over mac :\

for 1 thing ross will help them see the loopholes before they are exploited
                        Plato

Comment

• http://forums.aria.co.uk/showthread....Formula-1-2017

Comment

Working...
                          X