Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MayMac

anybody else going to be watching this?

i can see mac knocking him out if mayweather comes to bang and get home early. if he comes to out box mac then it could be embarrassing for the irishman.

either way it is a fight like nothing anybody has seen before and i for 1 look forward to it
    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
    Plato

I'm not keen but I hope it brings you great pleasure.
    Last edited by Black Knight; 25-08-17, 00:25.
    My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

Hate the bloke but Mayweather will win.

I'm not an armchair UFC fan like most other McGregor fan boys that are new to the sport and think he's the best because he says so (I'm not discrediting his achievements here but he's far from the GOAT).

Mac is a counter puncher, so is mayweather and he has a lot of speed, experience and agility to evade punches being thrown, when they head in his direction. You can't throw another person in a similar sport against arguably one of the best of all time and expect him to win. Its like putting Tiger Woods against Michael Jordan in a basketball match and saying its fair because they both play sports involving a ball.
      i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Reckon Mac should go all UFC rage and finish him

Originally posted by Aaron
        I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Ian if mayweather moves forward like he has been saying do you not think mac will starch him?

i agree he should out class him by light years if he sticks and moves, but if he tries to go head to head i can not see him dropping mac, while i can see it the other way around.

i have followed both sports pretty much as long as i can recall and as a fan of combat sports this has spiked my interest much more than it should. their contrasting styles really makes it unpredictable. floyd has been a god in the ring, i mean you can count on 1 hand how many good punches he has taken and it's hard to say connor has been anything but the same in the octagon. ok connor has had his bell rang a few times but he takes one to give one. if that stays true i think floyd comes out worse for wear, even with the 8oz gloves.

i recall thinking hatton would steam roll the little mayweather and we all know how that ended, for sure this could go the same way but floyd is 40 and that has to take a toll on the man. connor is in his prime and after seeing him drop some of the people he has in the ufc, people never put down before, i have to think if he touches floyd like that he will do the same.

i aint betting on this one, but i am eager to see it happen and glad it is

i mean i still think the ufc lost its soul when the fox and reebok deals happened. now with the sale and the cte thing....it is a long way from the days of the iceman vs the natural or serra beating gsp

i know what you mean about some of the people talking this up too, i have spoken with people this week who don't even know who gsp is, never mind chuck or randy xD
          "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
          Plato

Comment

The armchair fans annoy me the most, they can't name more than a few fighters and the first person they name is Mac. I started watching around 2004 and even went back to the previous UFC events to watch how the sport started and developed. Yes it's a very different sport now but a lot of people put Mac on a pedestal and claim he's the GOAT, I can think of a few others that would challenge him for that title tbh.

I reckon May is too clever to try and stand and bang with Mac, he knows he's strong and he'll know that Mac isn't known for having great stamina (look at both Diaz fights) so a stick and move approach should be effective and Mac will either try and counter him and do what no-one else has been able to do so far or he'll punch himself out and get gassed and TKO/waved off for not being able to fight back or defend.

Boxing is a faster and closer sport than MMA, Mac will have a lot less space to withdraw to, he's limited to his hands and it's a closer and faster fight than MMA fights because of that. That's without mentioning that the fight will last longer, should it go the distance.

I can't see Mac winning this but I'm happy to be proven wrong and he's making a fortune from it so everyone is happy regardless. He always has the excuse of "I fought the best in a sport I'm not native to" if he loses and can claim to be the best fighter ever if he wins. He's got nothing to lose.
            i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

hahahahaha yeah, you mention mighty mouse, gsp or the spider to them and they have no idea xD

i think bones was on his way to that tier too.....now it looks like he is done. i think he has been spiked, it makes 0 sense for him to be dropping tbol after he makes weight....but time will tell. i hope his b sample comes back clean and he really does turn it around. man i wanted to see him vs stipe, that would of been one to watch

oh for sure, the only way i see mac ending up with egg on his face is if he spends 9/15 minutes shadow boxing and then gets picked apart without even landing once. then it makes the ufc as a whole look bad and the boxing world will never let it go. but the diaz fights are a good point of reference. both of them could of been great boxers, they train with some of the best in their camp and the way connor was able to pick him apart...it bodes well for connor imo. his wide stance and rangy strikes are not a look floyd has ever seen and it only takes 1 clean strike. look at how he dispatched dos anjos and he is not bad with his hands too.

i agree with you on the cardio side, and the stand up only aspect as it takes it out of you different when you have to stay stood up and moving all the time. like in ufc we have all seen them grab for the clinch and just hand fight against the cage for 60/90 seconds to get their breath back.

it is all these things that i want to see unfold, which has me excited about the event
              Plato

Comment

The wide stance can be used to throw kicks and defend against takedowns, neither of which occur in boxing so it'll be interesting to see how he adapts.

Comment

https://youtu.be/9kB7mc3sJvg

oh my, he moves well for an old man that just got in shape
                  Plato

Comment

I love UFC watch it with my kid, they need to sort out all these negative drug tests though. Watched Cormier jones with my little boy was a great fight was gutted when Cormier lost really like the guy. And now jones has possibly failed drug test (waiting on b sample result). Lesnar failed one before his last fight too. 214 was a bad night also big fan of Damian meia he is technically superb.
                    Me and Ethan were in awe at the power of cyborg. That is one seriously powerful woman.

I hate mcgregor he is far too arrogant for my liking. And I wanna see floyd knock him out. I'm not a big floyd fan but 49-0 is superb and he is a great boxer.
                    My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

dan i know exactly what you mean

but as much as connor loves himself look at floyd too

the part that i find funniest with all this is how the boxing world is trying to dump shade on the mma world. it reminds me of an older sibling who is angry that the younger one is doing well at something.

the fight has so many huge if's and buts floating around it, i just want to see it pan out and be entertained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-l6tHeseDY
                      Plato

Comment

I'm watching, but still think boxing loses regardless of the outcome. This fight should never have been allowed.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Comment

idk i enjoyed it, connor was the more clean boxer, if you ignore the couple of hammer fists to the back of the head, and floyd was throwing elbows and forearms

not sure i agree with the judges mind. i had conner wining the firs 5 and then the 8th where he gassed himself out.

Plato

Comment

Working...
                          X