<6
    15.38%
    6-12
    23.08%
    12-24
    23.08%
    >24 including 60 (yes 5 years!)
    38.46%

Honestly, I can't see another snap GE happening this term. I wouldn't be surprised if May gets pushed out and we see a new Tory leadership battle, but even that I think it unlikely to happen.

Comment

borris is going to stab her in the back, take leadership and then we will get another go at telling them to **** off.
      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
      Plato

Comment

What are the possible scenarios in which a GE would be called? I can only think of the torys thinking they can get a majority back but I don't see that likely considering what just happened. Can the government get some sort of no confidence vote? That would need a lot of tory rebellion to happen I imagine. Any other scenarios?

Aria Steam Group
        i5 6600k : ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger : 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 : Palit GTX 1060 Dual 6GB : Corsair HX750i Mod : BitFenix Shinobi XL
        Canon 7D MK2

Comment

Don't think it will take much with such an unstable government.

Comment

Can't see it happening, they gave DUP a bung to keep it going.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

I think we'll have one near the end of the brexit negotiations.

The Tories know full well they'll get a rubbish deal, they will go into that election with the intention of losing. They will want Labour to win so they can pin the failings of brexit on to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Toonshorty View Post
                I think we'll have one near the end of the brexit negotiations.

The Tories know full well they'll get a rubbish deal, they will go into that election with the intention of losing. They will want Labour to win so they can pin the failings of brexit on to them.
                I can't see that happening either. The reason we had the last GE was so that the Tories had longer after the Brexit to smooth over the rough.

Comment

Originally posted by k3vst3r View Post
                  ... and in the process upset the Scottish Tories, who are at the opposite end of the spectrum from the DUP.

Then there are the English Tories who think that the Maybot is a right-wing looney. We have already seen one example of the pressure they can exert, the concession to pro-choice advocates in Northern Ireland.

Then there is the flap about pay rises in the public sector.

All this within weeks of the new government coming into office. And that government includes Bojo, Govey and others who May would probably prefer to lose had she a big enough majority. Then there is that Andrea Loathsome woman, who is quite capable of saying something that will outrage those on the Clarke end of the political spectrum.

We may get a better idea of the government's staying power at the Tory's party conference. That should be a bundle of laughs.
                  Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
                  Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
                  Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Originally posted by k3vst3r View Post
                    The dup cant vote on english laws, only brexit and nationwide laws. This means that the tories will struggle to pass certain things, once it is clear that they are struggling, a GE is an absolute must.

Comment

Originally posted by I3R0K3N7FEET View Post
                      The dup cant vote on english laws....
                      Isn't that my by convention rather than law? The Scot Nats have ignored it in the past.
                      Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
                      Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
                      Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Working...
                      X