Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

London Tower Blaze

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by I3R0K3N7FEET View Post
    Do you write for tabloids? You should do, you're missing a trick.

    A faulty fridge catching fire is probably deemed to be an accident, yes. What someone did or didn't do, doesn't have anything to do with it being deliberate or an accident.
    Originally posted by coiler
    He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
    Originally posted by BigIan88
    turn off that sexy nonsense
    Originally posted by Salad Soup
    turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

    Comment


    • #77
      I hope this is true.

      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...iven-grenfell/

      Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

      Comment


      • #78
        It is, but from other articles I read, it's temporary. However, that article seems to say different, so it would be amazing if it was a permanent solution.



        Originally posted by coiler
        Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

        Comment


        • #79
          It looks like that the company building it will add them to their 'social housing' stock. It is basically a redrawing of a planned build already. Glad that they have done this anyway.

          Comment


          • #80
            from the sounds of it, there was a bit in their planning whereby they had to have a percentage of social housing in the tower block already. they will just be allocating these out to the greenfell families is how I read it. Not how it was reported as if somebody might be next door to a luxury penthouse...

            Comment


            • #81
              Yea they are getting the allocated social housing next door the the penthouses.
              Good thing too, I think they rightfully deserve it.

              On all new builds there is a % of the house allocated and built as "affordable" and/or "social".




              Not really related but interesting to some maybe,, from what I have gathered. Most new social housing is too expensive to local councils to buy to them give to people.
              From talking with housing developers, they build the house to standard but the council in the area typically won't have the money for a new build.
              Thus most affordable houses are bought run down and done up (like they are doing on the street I lived on before moving).

              These properties are then sold to investors who then rent then it privately or to DSS tennants.

              Sounds to me like "building new homes" (which was suggested by certain recent parties in the election campaigns) for people who need houses is sort of unrealistic because of this unless if they are going to build super cheap stuff that won't last and will look awful.
              Potentially resulting in the same problem as we saw happen to this tower block where profits are more important than people.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Moonchester View Post
                from the sounds of it, there was a bit in their planning whereby they had to have a percentage of social housing in the tower block already. they will just be allocating these out to the greenfell families is how I read it. Not how it was reported as if somebody might be next door to a luxury penthouse...
                Indeed. Though I was still pleasantly surprised they didn't finish the article with some kind of dig towards "communist Corbyn"

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Jackster View Post
                  Yea they are getting the allocated social housing next door the the penthouses.
                  Good thing too, I think they rightfully deserve it.

                  On all new builds there is a % of the house allocated and built as "affordable" and/or "social".




                  Not really related but interesting to some maybe,, from what I have gathered. Most new social housing is too expensive to local councils to buy to them give to people.
                  From talking with housing developers, they build the house to standard but the council in the area typically won't have the money for a new build.
                  Thus most affordable houses are bought run down and done up (like they are doing on the street I lived on before moving).

                  These properties are then sold to investors who then rent then it privately or to DSS tennants.

                  Sounds to me like "building new homes" (which was suggested by certain recent parties in the election campaigns) for people who need houses is sort of unrealistic because of this unless if they are going to build super cheap stuff that won't last and will look awful.
                  Potentially resulting in the same problem as we saw happen to this tower block where profits are more important than people.
                  It's more to do with what they sell them for.. Building a house costs the same whether it's an affordable home or a full price home. 'Affordable' homes around here start at 350k. There's no way it costs the developer that much to build.

                  Affordable homes should be sold at or near to cost price. Not just with a slightly lower profit margin for the builders.



                  Originally posted by coiler
                  Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    the building costs are about the same (give or take labour costs will increase further south).
                    the majority of home prices are worked from the cost of the land you are building on.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X