London Attack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jackster View Post
    Islam to modernise itself would take many decades maybe 100s of years.
    They have said it has been in the processes now for years but I don't think there has been any actual change?

There are still very anti semitic, anti west and anti everything not Islam in the Quran.
    Their god is still a child rapist who wanted to kill everyone...
    It is still a system that oppresses women (contrary to what feminists want you to think).

Look at polling too.
    50% of Muslims would not report other Muslims for being involved in terror organisations.

So yes not every Muslim is at fault here, there are actually some good ones like the one from Australia who has been in the news recently (I forget the name) who is calling out the "faith" on all these problems to try and help fix it.
    But there is an underlying problem within the "faith" that is not compatible with our western Christian/Jewish way of life.

(You like I might not be Christian/Jewish but our society is based off those beliefs)
    You come across poorly by using "they" a lot, it's nothing more than generalisation, there are billions of Muslims, you can't possibly be speaking about all of them. There are, of course, valid criticisms of Islam, particularly around homophobia and oppression of women. The latter is generally exclusive to countries that are Muslim majority. Not everyone who wears a hijab is not being forced to do so.

The 50% of Muslims not reporting other Muslims sounds completely made up to me. Or at least based on a very small, unrepresentative sample.

Also, the anti-Semitic point is countered entirely by anti-Islamic sentiment in Jewish communities. I didn't realise just how much until I met my ex and her family.

There isn't anything inherently wrong with the religion, just a small minority who twist it to justify their own actions. Same goes for Christianity.
    NZXT H440 Matte Black and Red | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz | Corsair H100i v2 | 1080 GTX Founders Edition | 32gb Avexir Blitz DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 512 GB | 3TB Western Digital Red | Dell S2716DG | SteelSeries Sensei | Corsair Vengeance K90 | Corsair Vengeance 1500 / Gigaworks T40

Comment

There was a BBC interview with a doctor who reported one of the criminals who carried out the knife attacks on Saturday, after an altercation last year (in my, unpopular opinion, I think it's a bit harsh to report someone as a terrorist for having differing views to yourself on Islam, but there we go...)

There's numerous reports of people "in the Muslim community" reporting the Manchester bomber for extremist views, activities etc.

Theresa May is complaining that we don't do enough to combat extremism in this country, forgetting that it was her job to do exactly that, as Home Secretary, for years, and also forgetting that she happily deals with Saudis, who supply money and arms to IS.

I know who I think the bigger threat is.
      Last edited by omega; 07-06-17, 13:53.
      Originally posted by coiler
      He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
      Originally posted by BigIan88
      turn off that sexy nonsense
      Originally posted by Salad Soup
      turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Originally posted by omega View Post
        There was a BBC interview with a doctor who reported one of the criminals who carried out the knife attacks on Saturday, after an altercation last year (in my, unpopular opinion, I think it's a bit harsh to report someone as a terrorist for having differing views to yourself on Islam, but there we go...)

There's numerous reports of people "in the Muslim community" reporting the Manchester bomber for extremist views, activities etc.

Theresa May is complaining that we don't do enough to combat extremism in this country, forgetting that it was her job to do exactly that, as Home Secretary, for years, and also forgetting that she happily deals with Saudis, who supply money and arms to IS.

I know who I think the bigger threat is.
        Also publicly said that police federation need to stop crying wolf back in 2015, as their statements about community policing collapsing due to cuts would help fuel terrorism making us all less safer going forward never happened.

Then 2017 3 terrorist attacks, so police federation was correct in their assessment after all? She should resign, no question about it. Repeatedly warned that cuts would affect our national security, but ignored all warnings.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Originally posted by omega View Post
          You think we're modern and civilised? You seriously think that men in Western countries treat women any better? You're dreaming mate, and you've lost the plot.

All of our society is based around rich powerful men keeping themselves rich and powerful. This isn't something unique to Islam.

Why do you think the rich powerful men in our society want you to think that Islam is to blame??
          I never suggested that and I agree with some of your points. If Christianity hadn't modernised, we would outright be starting another crusade, instead, those rich white people are profiteering in blood money instead.

Comment

Working...
          X