General Election - June 8th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Election - June 8th

Theresa May announces snap general election on June 8 to 'make a success of Brexit'
    Thoughts?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...treet-1115am1/
    UKIP
    0.00%
    Conservatives
    22.22%
    Labour
    55.56%
    Lib Dem
    5.56%
    Other
    5.56%
    Abstaining
    11.11%

Originally posted by coiler
    Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

General Election on June 8th

So another group of MPs getting out after pressing the brexit button?
    I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

we need more independent candidates not corrupted by the old party system.
      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
      Plato

Comment

UK General Election Called by Theresa May

General election 8th June 2017: Theresa May says opposition to Brexit plans behind decision

live feed: https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-politics-live

Comment

She's called an GE because the latest opinion polls are showing Tories with a strong lead. I think she's hoping this will put more pro-Brexit Tory bums on parliament seats.

Comment

Blimey here comes cancel brexit corbyn with lib dem coalition. (post not entirely serious , before I get jumped on)
            Originally posted by jointhedotz
            I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

Originally posted by cold fusion View Post
              She's called an GE because the latest opinion polls are showing Tories with a strong lead. I think she's hoping this will put more pro-Brexit Tory bums on parliament seats.
              And we all know how reliable those opinion polls have been recently..

I think it's also tactical. There isn't a real single party threat to them at the moment, so calling an election now is their best chance of staying in power for another few years and possibly forcing out Jeremy Corbyn at the same time. The only thing that could stop them is a Lab/LibDem (or other party) coalition.

Comment

Threads merged.
                My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                  And we all know how reliable those opinion polls have been recently..
                  Indeed but it's fair to say that there isn't much competition so should be an easy election for her to win.

I think it's also tactical. There isn't a real single party threat to them at the moment, so calling an election now is their best chance of staying in power for another few years and possibly forcing out Jeremy Corbyn at the same time.
                  That's what I said

Well, same point but you're discussing the cause and I'm discussing the effect.

The only thing that could stop them is a Lab/LibDem (or other party) coalition.
                  As long as Corbyn is "pro-majority" (ie supporting the EU referendum result) he will be useless in this general election and Labour will be useless as a coalition.
                  Last edited by cold fusion; 18-04-17, 13:57.

Comment

no poll?

A Tory Brexit is not a good idea, I think she is trying to prove the Tories 'strong' position but she is a totalitarian dictator wannabe. She has been dishing out handjobs to human rights abusers and peddling a known flawed rhetoric.

As the system is a 2 party system, any vote not for Labour is just a huge mistake imo, at the very least, Jeremy Corbyn's Labour in 1 term and make the changes needed to the political system to prevent Tory Cronyism.

How can anyone put out anti-labour sentiment on the basis that any vote against them, is a guaranteed Tory win, a party of pedophiles, lies, tax evasion, and corruption.
                    Last edited by I3R0K3N7FEET; 18-04-17, 14:21.

Comment

I'd say 99% of those who seek power have a totalitarian tendencies. After all the alternative is being constantly undermined. As much as democracy demands counterarguments, I bet having your views and authority constantly questioned gets pretty annoying pretty fast (as any parent will testify).

Comment

Indeed but it's fair to say that there isn't much competition so should be an easy election for her to win.
                        I shudder to think that you're probably right..

Comment

I'd say 99% of those who seek power have a totalitarian tendencies. After all the alternative is being constantly undermined. As much as democracy demands counterarguments, I bet having your views and authority constantly questioned gets pretty annoying pretty fast (as any parent will testify).
                          The difference being, the Tories use mainstream media, lies and pro-spin doctors to force an agenda on an unbeknownst population.

Comment

Originally posted by I3R0K3N7FEET View Post
                            The difference being, the Tories use mainstream media, lies and pro-spin doctors to force an agenda on an unbeknownst population.
                            All political parties do.

Comment

Originally posted by I3R0K3N7FEET View Post
                              She has been dishing out handjobs to human rights abusers and peddling a known flawed rhetoric.
                              is a guaranteed Tory win, a party of pedophiles, lies, tax evasion, and corruption.
                              Wow! Don't hold back

Your main point seems to be vote Labour to prevent Cronyism, but of course, Labour have it on their history too: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...ce-before.html
                              Gaming :: Intel Core i7 5820K, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5, Gigabyte GTX1070, 16GB Crucial 2400MHz DDR4, Corsair H100, BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2, Dell U2410, Fractal Arc Midi R2, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, WD Red 4TB, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Logitech X-230, Seasonic X-650, G900, G510s, 10 Pro x64
                              Work :: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz, 16GB RAM, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Crucial MX100 256GB, AMD FirePro M6100, 17" 1920x1080, 10 Pro x64

Comment

Working...
                              X