Parliament shooting/London terrorist attack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parliament shooting/London terrorist attack

Just catching up on this.. looks fairly horrendous.

Originally posted by coiler
    Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Probably wait til later or tomorrow to get the full "story".

So far we've had the full lot, tweets of reports of

an explosion
    a knife
    a gunman
    running people over.

It's like terrorist bingo at the moment on the news sites.
    He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
    Originally posted by BigIan88
    turn off that sexy nonsense
    Originally posted by Salad Soup
    turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

One woman has died and several others have ‘catastrophic injuries’
      latest report

edit: he killed 3, including a cop, and injured 20 according to the Washington Post.
      Last edited by niceguyrichy; 22-03-17, 18:23.

Comment

Sadly, this is the world we live in, and have always lived in - we've just been relatively lucky up until recent years. There's little much anyone can do to prevent small scale:high impact lone wolf attacks like this.

Comment

Yup move along people, nothing to see here.

Condolences for the people who died and their familes, but hey, lets not spread mass panic or they win.
          GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

Originally posted by BUDFORCE View Post
            Yup move along people, nothing to see here.
            I agree with your sentiment about not spreading mass panic (something which hasn't happened), but that first comment is incredibly crass and insensitive. People still died in this incident.

Comment

To be overly crass and insensitive, people die all the time.

This just happens to be one instance of one nutter managing to kill more than one person, near a fairly important building in London.

The sentiment yesterday from the Police was more shocking to me, tbh - "We're treating this as terrorism til we know what really happened"
              turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

because they knew from the get-go it was a political/religious nut-job who had done it...
                there were video's of interviews with the guy who was apparently well known to the authorities.

Comment

I think BudForce was trying to say (although could have worded it better) is that as sad as it is, there's not a lot that anyone can do about it.

Here's some food for thought: In Europe (the whole of it) in 2015, there were 175 terrorism related deaths, and that figure is vastly inflated by the France Bataclan Massacre - the highest it's been since 1988 when it peaked at nearly 500. In stark contrast, there are nearly 3000 deaths as a result of drink driving each year in the UK alone. Any loss of life is sad, and yet the victims of drink driving don't get anywhere near the media attention that this generated - and the act of drink driving is just as much a conscious decision as this event.

What's really starting to grind my gears is the attention seekers on social media, changing profile pictures to a hazy London backdrop or a thin blue line, posting "je suis London" etc. No mate, you're in bloody York. Stop jumping on the bandwagon and let the people who have a reason to grieve do so. Changing your profile picture has absolutely no consequence whatsoever. Go and give a couple of quid to the police or victim support charities instead. Actually do some good instead of appearing to do so to improve your social standing.

All life is precious.

/Rant.
                  Last edited by Bing; 23-03-17, 10:36.

Comment

Originally posted by omega View Post
                    To be overly crass and insensitive, people die all the time.
                    That's not crass or insensitive. That's a fact. And we should treat those incidents with equal respect. I don't think any loss of life should just be brushed over and swept under carpet with a comment like that. Whether it was meant in the way it came across is another matter (and knowing budforce, I suspect that it wasn't), but it would just be nice if there was a bit of forethought about what is actually being said before posting those sort of internet cool phrases.

Comment

Remember, anyone with tanned skin and a beard probably wants to kill you...

No wait.....

Can't stand media sensationalism.
                      GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

Originally posted by BUDFORCE View Post
                        Remember, anyone with tanned skin and a beard probably wants to kill you...
                        *cancels holiday in the sun*

Comment

*in* the sun, a ball of fiery hot plasma, is probably safer than any holiday destination, if you believe everything you read in the papers

Comment

I'm off on holiday to a predominantly Muslim country next week, for a stag do...What could possibly go wrong?
                            NZXT H440 Matte Black and Red | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz | Corsair H100i v2 | 1080 GTX Founders Edition | 32gb Avexir Blitz DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 512 GB | 3TB Western Digital Red | Dell S2716DG | SteelSeries Sensei | Corsair Vengeance K90 | Corsair Vengeance 1500 / Gigaworks T40

Comment

Judging by all the Muslim people I know, probably nothing!

Comment

Working...
                              X