Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing fruit all year round?

Hi all.

Trying to be a bit healthy this year by eating more fruit.
    The main problem with this is that it is expensive when not in season and most of the time does not taste like the home grown stuff.

I have done Strawberries for the past 10 years every summer but I would like to look at doing it all year round with one of those systems that allow you to keep things growing 24/7 using LEDs at the specific wavelengths.
    Would also like to look into doing it without soil to keep things clean and less bad **** can grow causing less crop.

Is it possible to do this?

I have had a look on the Google about this sort of thing but there is so much info out there that it gets hard to read.
    So anyone have a good single place to go that has decent well written 'this is how you do it step by step' type information?

I'd love to be able to use the spare room in my shed to do this. Powering the LEDs using solar.
    Moving to a new house where space is short so we wont have the greenhouse, this would be a long term thing I want to do.

Thanks
    Jack,

I imagine if you used your spare room for "growing" you would have a knock on the door from mr plod before long from the heat scans ))

Comment

He'd be able to afford some out of season fruit though
      Originally posted by {SAS}TB
      Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

http://www.weedfarmer.com/cannabis/h...s101_guide.php

Comment

Seriously?

On the very off chance that this thread is actually for real, sugary fruits such as strawberries aint exactly the best for you anyway.
          GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

Originally posted by Moonchester View Post
            I imagine if you used your spare room for "growing" you would have a knock on the door from mr plod before long from the heat scans ))
            They won't knock

That is unless you count smashing windows at the front and back of your house, and smashing the door in as "knocking"
            Why did the chicken cross the road?
            To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

I paid 2.80 for one aubergine the other day...........

Comment

It is called Hydroponics!
                I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
                Dave Burnett

Comment

Originally posted by Jackster View Post
                  The main problem with this is that it is expensive when not in season and most of the time does not taste like the home grown stuff.
                  Buy and eat what is in season.

Yes round strawberries is, er, nuts.
                  Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
                  Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
                  Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

you can grow a few things in pots on your south facing windows. you do not need to get a full on growhouse set up going

but nice "fruits" need strong lights and high ambient temps.
                    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                    Plato

Comment

Working...
                    X