Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brexit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Ironically, while I have been bashing the tories, quite rightly, there has been no point since the referendum have I once said, I am against a brexit. I am just concerned about the fact that exactly what everyone predicted in the Referendum discussion has come to pass.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by I3R0K3N7FEET View Post
      Ironically, while I have been bashing the tories, quite rightly, there has been no point since the referendum have I once said, I am against a brexit. I am just concerned about the fact that exactly what everyone predicted in the Referendum discussion has come to pass.
      Tbh I have never been fundamentally against leaving, it's just the half-arsed way that everything to do with it has gone about. If there was some actual plan beforehand with rough timeframes then i feel there would have been slightly less opposition than when the situation is "stuff is gonna change and hopefully it won't go too tits up".

      Comment


      • #93
        nah, personally I am sick of 'people thinking they have the right to say in everything the government does' because our government 'should' be doing things in our best interest anyway

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by I3R0K3N7FEET View Post
          nah, personally I am sick of 'people thinking they have the right to say in everything the government does' because our government 'should' be doing things in our best interest anyway
          I think that is called democracy...

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by I3R0K3N7FEET View Post
            actually I dont think it is the unknown that is causing problems, the brexit voters want brexit to happen already and they are more impatient than concerned.

            The UK is a ship that is sinking under the weight of false pride. Also, I am allowed to be melodramatic.

            Can we not do the 'left wing, right wing' thing here? It is actually amazing at how demonised the 'left wing' is based on failed models that have never even been used here, and never will be, yet the Tory supporters are so obnoxiously blind towards the actual damage, and intense severity of the actions the Tory party causes and exacerbates in society, it is all about lies, big money and control and they are ever growing closer to their ideological world where rich people sit back and relax while everyone else dies based on fictitious conflicts they created. The information is available, see what is happening.
            cruciate is right - a lot of the turbulence is the unknown. It's still far too early to make reliable predictions.

            Comment


            • #96
              EU won't let us keep single market access without free movement of people.

              May isn't going to allow free movement of people.

              We aren't going to keep single market access.


              That's why we just need to get on with it, sooner rather than later. Its going to happen. Regardless.

              May ain't going to back down. EU won't back down.

              Just stating facts like
              Originally posted by Aaron
              I want those sweet cherries

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by coiler View Post
                EU won't let us keep single market access without free movement of people.

                May isn't going to allow free movement of people.

                We aren't going to keep single market access.


                That's why we just need to get on with it, sooner rather than later. Its going to happen. Regardless.

                May ain't going to back down. EU won't back down.

                Just stating facts like
                Indeed. I was hoping we could evict the Tories before article 50 was invoked so we could have competent people managing the exit. Instead we have the biggest collection of idiots running our country in living history.

                Comment


                • #98
                  I for one welcome our new overlords.

                  Originally posted by coiler
                  He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
                  Originally posted by BigIan88
                  turn off that sexy nonsense
                  Originally posted by Salad Soup
                  turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by cold fusion View Post
                    Indeed. I was hoping we could evict the Tories before article 50 was invoked so we could have competent people managing the exit. Instead we have the biggest collection of idiots running our country in living history.

                    Oh agree i'd love to boot the Tories and revoke all this brexit rubbish, do another referendum, get some common sense back. Would be very interesting to see which way it went now all the real facts are out.

                    Although this all seems very closing of the stable door once the admnmnin horse has bolted. (..........and pure fantasy as it simply wouldn't happen under May)


                    What are the viable options? Labour are in the doldrums, libdems have gone AWOL
                    Originally posted by Aaron
                    I want those sweet cherries

                    Comment


                    • SNP ?

                      Comment


                      • BNP?



                        Originally posted by coiler
                        Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

                        Comment


                        • Just raid the nearest nut house.
                          They would almost certainly do a better job than ANYONE who actually wants to do it.
                          I've always said that the last people we want running the country are the people who actually WANT to do it.
                          I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
                          Dave Burnett

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Burn-IT View Post
                            Just raid the nearest nut house.
                            They would almost certainly do a better job than ANYONE who actually wants to do it.
                            I've always said that the last people we want running the country are the people who actually WANT to do it.
                            Zaphod Beeblebrox.


                            All your spoon are belong to us

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jackster View Post
                              Originally posted by I3R0K3N7FEET View Post
                              nah, personally I am sick of 'people thinking they have the right to say in everything the government does' because our government 'should' be doing things in our best interest anyway
                              I think that is called democracy...
                              The worst form, a Direct Democracy. The Greeks tried that and it was useless because people are stupid. Nobody uses these any more. We have a Representative Democracy, where we elect other people who know what they're doing better than we do, while holding roughly the same views. Think of representatives as a buffer to ignorance.

                              Referendums bypass this buffer and open the floodgates.

                              Comment


                              • What you have to remember is:
                                The current party were elected into power by a majority (under the current system)

                                We were told before hand that whatever the people voted for, that is what would happen and there would be no second chance.
                                The majority of people voted out.

                                Just suck up and live with it.
                                I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
                                Dave Burnett

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X