Brexit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it wont be seen fully for decades.
    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
    Plato

Comment

• http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39501866
      Why did the chicken cross the road?
      To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

• The following is stolen from the comments section of the Independent:

I've done some very careful and thorough research backed up with evidence that brexit will be a success. I've outlined these facts below with sources. The evidence is completely *IMPOSSIBLE* to refute. I lay down a challenge to anyone to refute any of these points:

* We could demand that the EU27 pay us around 150 billion a year to continue trading with us and also demand that they allow full access to all their markets. We should be able to keep free movement of people but completely control who comes to the UK.
        source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIBcttpoKbE
        * The rest of the world are absolutely desperate for a trade deal with us. We'll deal with them on a first come first, served basis. If they miss out on a deal then that's their problem.
        source: https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-globalisation
        * There are reports that the EU is on the verge of imminent collapse due to the UK leaving.
        source: https://www.theguardian.com/business...ing-eu-bruegel
        * Our contributions to the EU budget make up 87.61% of the entire EU GDP - they're going to crumble without our help.
        source: http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...ation-Brussels
        * The IFS recently predicted that outside the EU our economy is predicted to grow at 23.86% a year and become the largest economy in the world by January 2019.
        source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYTAJG1FW6M
        * Mr Juncker is reportedly putting all his personal savings in pounds sterling as he's realised that it's the strongest currency on the world.
        source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p8CX6FtBOY
        * The UK has the largest current account surplus in the world at 134.25% of GDP
        source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...eficit-in-his/
        * The UK makes up 87.46% of all EU exports, so how will the EU survive without that?
        source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGIICkypqa0
        * The EURO currency is predicted to collapse within days and the pound sterling is predicted to become the worlds reserve currency sometime next month.
        source: http://www.currencies.co.uk/articles...start-of-2017/
        * According to HJY, The UK is predicted to become the world's most powerful manufacturer by 2018, accounting for 97.5% of all world output.
        source: http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/12/20/...rgest-economy/

Come on, let's celebrate this success!!!

All your spoon are belong to us

Comment

• My parents voted for brexit by postal vote whilst on holiday in Italy. I despair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lynx View Post
            My parents voted for brexit by postal vote whilst on holiday in Italy. I despair.
            Are they Daily Mail or Express?

All your spoon are belong to us

Comment

• So this maybe a stupid question but I'm wondering, is there any plan yet for leaving the EU? From what little I've seen over the last few weeks, there still doesn't seem to be much of an idea yet.

Any thoughts?
              I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK
              Originally posted by Ninjacat
              yes it was hard, fast and im covered in lube
              Originally posted by Turbo Porridge
              LOL- well... to be going for 2 hours that kids got Stamina! Watch out ladies!
              Originally posted by Salad Soup
              It's a bit worrying you want to see me in Lycra ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Huge Pear View Post
                So this maybe a stupid question but I'm wondering, is there any plan yet for leaving the EU? From what little I've seen over the last few weeks, there still doesn't seem to be much of an idea yet.

Any thoughts?
                Well the NHS is hemorrhaging staff now...
                Why did the chicken cross the road?
                To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

• Can't see Brexit happening, needs to be second vote by the public on it.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

• And the UK is 'missing' 490BN, I recently re-read this, and the prior referendum debate that precluded this thread, and it is amazing at how spot on all the 'remainers' were...

I wonder how deep Mrs May is willing to bury her head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Huge Pear View Post
                      So this maybe a stupid question but I'm wondering, is there any plan yet for leaving the EU? From what little I've seen over the last few weeks, there still doesn't seem to be much of an idea yet.

Any thoughts?
                      I'm not sure why there needs to be a "plan" as such. Everyone's talking about a plan, and what kind of Brexit it'll be, and what deal we'll make with Brussels - I don't understand it. I think it's all just to distract from the very real point that we've broken something that was working perfectly fine, we've been blaming someone else (EU) for our own problems for years, and we're genuinely going to struggle without the EU.

We will write EU laws into our own laws, and argue about which one's we don't want, then we'll get loads of new laws re-written with no external influence or auditing (i.e. very dangerous) and we will renegotiate trade deals, on our own (i.e. very stupid)

I can't see there being much more to it to be honest.
                      Originally posted by coiler
                      He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
                      Originally posted by BigIan88
                      turn off that sexy nonsense
                      turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

• Originally posted by I3R0K3N7FEET View Post
                        And the UK is 'missing' 490BN
                        To put that in perspective: if the 350m per week to the EU was was true and we got nothing whatsoever back it would still take nearly 27 years to be down that much money.

Comment

• We voted to leave, we should leave, we will leave.

We now have to trust the politicians of the party in majority to negotiate how we leave. EU are playing hard-ball, to be expected, we push back and eventually there will be common ground. There will not be a second referendum of "acceptance" of the terms of the leaving, we voted to leave knowing the positives and negatives - well some did and other believed the media crap that was spouted by both campaigns and media "experts".

While this takes prime space in the news still though, we have other things going through that seem to be slipping by without creating a murmur about how some new schemes are complete failures. Our tax system is a shambles, the collection/payments of benefits - none of the systems talk to each other even to the point that I had on my tax returns a set of numbers for every month, amounts that if you then added up manually didn't match the totals shown! I have had some ridiculous back and forth payments this year, I pay my tax and NI as requested and then get a refund, then a month later a demand, then another refund. Don't ever have two PAYE jobs, system simply cannot cope <rant over>

DT.
                          Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                          Forum Guidelines here

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleTop View Post
                            We voted to leave, we should leave, we will leave.

DT.
                            did WE vote to leave? with such a small majority in favour I think it's be be expected that people question the vote given that the economic and social impact is still largely unknown.

If the result had been 78% vs 22% or something similarly comprehensive then I'm sure there would be a lot less calls for a re-vote.
                            FILM QUIZ!!!!? Name the film from the quote!!
                            "Right. Better clench up, Legolas"

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleTop View Post
                              We voted to leave, we should leave, we will leave.

We now have to trust the politicians of the party in majority to negotiate how we leave. EU are playing hard-ball, to be expected, we push back and eventually there will be common ground. There will not be a second referendum of "acceptance" of the terms of the leaving, we voted to leave knowing the positives and negatives - well some did and other believed the media crap that was spouted by both campaigns and media "experts".
                              DT.
                              What's the debate about though? We're leaving, we're not arguing about who gets the keep the DVDs or when we get to see the kids, we're just leaving.
                              Apparently we voted to come out of the EU, completely. I don't know what we need to 'negotiate' with Europe?

I'd imagine the EU's primary concern is that the door doesn't hit us on the way out, and we don't leave any food in our desks in Brussels?? :/
                              Originally posted by coiler
                              He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
                              Originally posted by BigIan88
                              turn off that sexy nonsense
                              turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

• Originally posted by R1gg4 View Post

did WE vote to leave? with such a small majority in favour I think it's be be expected that people question the vote given that the economic and social impact is still largely unknown.

If the result had been 78% vs 22% or something similarly comprehensive then I'm sure there would be a lot less calls for a re-vote.
                                Yes we did, as a country the referendum result is not in question.

Originally posted by omega View Post

What's the debate about though? We're leaving, we're not arguing about who gets the keep the DVDs or when we get to see the kids, we're just leaving.
                                Apparently we voted to come out of the EU, completely. I don't know what we need to 'negotiate' with Europe?

I'd imagine the EU's primary concern is that the door doesn't hit us on the way out, and we don't leave any food in our desks in Brussels?? :/
                                There are long term deals that need to be broken, as part of the EU we were included in them despite in many cases "raising concerns". That's one of the reasons why many voted out, our politicians raised concerns, weren't happy with the deals/rules or targets being set, yet here we are still paying for deals we didn't really want to sign up to.

Climate targets, the CFP, agricultural import rulings as the quotas were set for the EU in weird ways and why more farmers now have fields of solar panels, oddly double edged that one as the solar panels are generally part of a eu grant!

Struggling with an analogy other than most peoples mobile phone or broadband. You sign up to a 2 year plan, but you want to end the contract - the very first demand that comes from your phone provider is that you must pay up to the full value of the contract, then you negotiate. In this, very like Brexit, despite the negotiation, the actual "pacifier" you get is not going to save you much in the pocket, they may get the same value out of you, but you now pay it over 5 years instead of two so you can afford to break with them, while still buying a new phone ..... Once agreed, do as you please though - get a better deal with another firm, more ringdings and faster internets and catvidz

There's a lot to negotiate, the definition of a loss is difficult though as it's not complete black and white, but you can bet the media report "failed to get our proposed deal", well yes, probably - but then so will the EU if you look at it that way because a common ground must be found.
                                Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                                Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Working...
                                X