Brexit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jjwf View Post
    Its maths, not math. If you want to try and refute anything I've put go ahead. Another one who doesn't like facts put in front of him. I'll say it again Sterling has not lost 25% of its value since 23rd June 2016.
    Around 17% as it stands. About 20% at its lowest.
    NZXT H440 Matte Black and Red | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz | Corsair H100i v2 | 1080 GTX Founders Edition | 32gb Avexir Blitz DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 512 GB | 3TB Western Digital Red | Dell S2716DG | SteelSeries Sensei | Corsair Vengeance K90 | Corsair Vengeance 1500 / Gigaworks T40

Comment

• Originally posted by Bravetart View Post
      Around 17% as it stands. About 20% at its lowest.
      Well its not 25% is it?
      Corsair 900D, Superflower 1200watt Platinum PSU, ASUS Z97 Ranger MB , Intel 4790K, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, Corsair H100i, 16gig Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz, Samsung 850 (500gig), WD 2tb, Pioneer 206DBK BluRay writer, Windows 10, Dell 2715U.

Comment

Well its not 25% is it?
        I didn't say it was, did I? Why must you always leap on the defensive?
        NZXT H440 Matte Black and Red | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz | Corsair H100i v2 | 1080 GTX Founders Edition | 32gb Avexir Blitz DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 512 GB | 3TB Western Digital Red | Dell S2716DG | SteelSeries Sensei | Corsair Vengeance K90 | Corsair Vengeance 1500 / Gigaworks T40

Comment

• Originally posted by Bravetart View Post
          I didn't say it was, did I? Why must you always leap on the defensive?
          I'm not leaping on the defensive, I was pointing it out for those who claim it is.
          Corsair 900D, Superflower 1200watt Platinum PSU, ASUS Z97 Ranger MB , Intel 4790K, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, Corsair H100i, 16gig Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz, Samsung 850 (500gig), WD 2tb, Pioneer 206DBK BluRay writer, Windows 10, Dell 2715U.

Comment

• Works out that we're losing roughly 25c for every compared to before the referendum. It might not be 25%, but it's still a bad situation. I think maybe now even you've realised that?
            Why did the chicken cross the road?
            To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

• Originally posted by FunkY View Post
              Works out that we're losing roughly 25c for every compared to before the referendum. It might not be 25%, but it's still a bad situation. I think maybe now even you've realised that?
              Bad situation for who, travellers yes, exports to the USA no. The value of Sterling against the Australian $ has fallen more and to be honest that has had more of an impact on me and its not because of Brexit either.

Comment

• the values worth changes depending on the yard stick used.

using the logic of your lost jafa work force as an example, the is worth around 33% of what it was vs the ozzie buck.
                "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                Plato

Comment

• Not only has the fallen to the $, but also inflation has increased, and will increase beyond the previous 2.6% expectation for 2017. compared to the $ since 2004 the has fallen by around 40% total, from 1 - $2.02 to 1 - $1.26, of which it fell relatively rapidly towards the referendum vote due to insecurity 1.58-1.46, then from 1.46 -1.21 on the day of the vote.

jjwf - http://grammarist.com/spelling/math-maths/

Do you ever wonder what it feels like to be a goldfish taken out of the water then placed on the kitchen side while humans look down on you... knowing that they could put you back in the water at any time?

Comment

• Originally posted by I3R0K3N7FEET View Post
                    Not only has the fallen to the $, but also inflation has increased, and will increase beyond the previous 2.6% expectation for 2017. compared to the $ since 2004 the has fallen by around 40% total, from 1 - $2.02 to 1 - $1.26, of which it fell relatively rapidly towards the referendum vote due to insecurity 1.58-1.46, then from 1.46 -1.21 on the day of the vote.

jjwf - http://grammarist.com/spelling/math-maths/

Do you ever wonder what it feels like to be a goldfish taken out of the water then placed on the kitchen side while humans look down on you... knowing that they could put you back in the water at any time?
                    You do know that the BOE want inflation around 2% and it was forecast to go above that even before the referendum was announced. You cannot take inflation in to consideration when comparing currencies it doesn't work like that. It still hasn't lost 25% of its value against the dollar since vote leave so you're still wrong. Do you every wonder what your single brain cell does while its wandering around the space in your head where your brain supposed to be or is that a bit taxing for you to comprehend?

Comment

You do know that the BOE want inflation around 2% and it was forecast to go above that even before the referendum was announced. You cannot take inflation in to consideration when comparing currencies it doesn't work like that. It still hasn't lost 25% of its value against the dollar since vote leave so you're still wrong. Do you every wonder what your single brain cell does while its wandering around the space in your head where your brain supposed to be or is that a bit taxing for you to comprehend?
                      You can always take inflation in consideration when comparing it to average wages. Right now the living wage is around 10ph. But the tories decided to use that term to save embarrassment.

Comment

You can always take inflation in consideration when comparing it to average wages. Right now the living wage is around 10ph. But the tories decided to use that term to save embarrassment.
                        It's the value of the vs $ not wages and it hasn't falling 25%.

Comment

As the falls vs other currencies, the buying power drops, increasing prices on top of inflation.

If you don't understand math, don't talk about economics.

OH LOOK MY WAGES HAVE GONE UP< OUR ECONOMY MUST BE STRONG, I NOW EARN 30K A YEAR.
                          ~ cost of a sandwich, 2000
                          ~ The look on your face showing comprehension, priceless

Comment

• No amendments to the Brexit Bill...

So much for democracy, with a few right wing Blairites existing within the Labour party, Tories railroaded the bill

Conservative
                            Labour 229
                            Scottish National Party 54
                            Liberal Democrat 9
                            Democratic Unionist Party 8
                            Independent 4
                            Sinn Fein 4
                            Plaid Cymru 3
                            Social Democratic & Labour Party 3
                            Ulster Unionist Party 2
                            Green Party 1
                            Speaker 1
                            UK Independence Party 1
                            Vacant 2
                            https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/...t-bill-failed/
                            Last edited by I3R0K3N7FEET; 10-02-17, 03:16.

Comment

It doesn't matter whether it's 25% or 15%. It's still fallen (quite drastically), and it's going to have a negative impact on a lot of people's spending ability.
                              Why did the chicken cross the road?
                              To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

As the falls vs other currencies, the buying power drops, increasing prices on top of inflation.

If you don't understand math, don't talk about economics.

OH LOOK MY WAGES HAVE GONE UP< OUR ECONOMY MUST BE STRONG, I NOW EARN 30K A YEAR.
                                ~ cost of a sandwich, 2000
                                ~ The look on your face showing comprehension, priceless
                                Do other countries have inflation? I'll say it again you cannot take inflation when comparing the fall in currencies. We use maths not math in the UK, if you don't know what your talking about keep it in your bird brain.

Comment

Working...
                                X