• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RandomPC View Post
    Please share your evidence that those projections:

1) Have been proven to be wrong

2) Weren't based on reasonable assumptions

3) Won't happen when we actually leave the EU
    These are facts as put out by the remain camp.

No punishment budget, so wrong.

No taxes have been raised & the NHS budget has not been cut, so wrong again.

Nobody is 4300 a year worse off, so wrong.

No recession, so wrong.

Inflation was already forecast to rise to around 2-2.5% this year before they even announced a referendum, GDP has risen, so wrong.

The stock market is the highest its every been & house prices continue to rise, so wrong.

Where's the immediate and profound shock to our economy hasn't happened, so wrong.

Read the link it will tell you these where going to happen immediately if there was a vote to leave. You can try and dismiss them all you want, however these where put out by the remain camp and their cohorts they drafted in including a convicted criminal who heads the IMF and all have been proven wrong.
    Corsair 900D, Superflower 1200watt Platinum PSU, ASUS Z97 Ranger MB , Intel 4790K, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, Corsair H100i, 16gig Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz, Samsung 850 (500gig), WD 2tb, Pioneer 206DBK BluRay writer, Windows 10, Dell 2715U.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMadDutchDude View Post
      Hasn't England's GDP actually grown over the past year...?
      Yes it has & the forecasts for this year have gone up from 1.4% to 2% so much for all the immediate crash.
      Corsair 900D, Superflower 1200watt Platinum PSU, ASUS Z97 Ranger MB , Intel 4790K, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, Corsair H100i, 16gig Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz, Samsung 850 (500gig), WD 2tb, Pioneer 206DBK BluRay writer, Windows 10, Dell 2715U.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjwf View Post
        These are facts as put out by the remain camp.

No punishment budget, so wrong.

No taxes have been raised & the NHS budget has not been cut, so wrong again.

Nobody is 4300 a year worse off, so wrong.

No recession, so wrong.

Inflation was already forecast to rise to around 2-2.5% this year before they even announced a referendum, GDP has risen, so wrong.

The stock market is the highest its every been & house prices continue to rise, so wrong.

Where's the immediate and profound shock to our economy hasn't happened, so wrong.

Read the link it will tell you these where going to happen immediately if there was a vote to leave. You can try and dismiss them all you want, however these where put out by the remain camp and their cohorts they drafted in including a convicted criminal who heads the IMF and all have been proven wrong.
        OK - so you have a basic misunderstanding regarding the fact that the projections were based on Cameron triggering Article 50 immediately. Do you accept that we haven't left the EU yet?

All your spoon are belong to us

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMadDutchDude View Post
          Hasn't England's GDP actually grown over the past year...?
          Well, we haven't left yet

However, the post referendum devaluation of the pound alone is already costing us way more than the amount of money that we pay to the EU and the legal/admin costs of leaving, negotiating new deals and paying off our commitments and liabilities to the EU look to be huge.

Comment

OK - you have a basic misunderstanding regarding that the projections were based on Cameron triggering Article 50 immediately. Do you accept that we haven't left the EU yet?
            These weren't forecast if DC triggered Article 50 immediately, read them again. These where forecast to happen immediately, go read the link which is from the official remain camp. You seem to be getting rather confused. You only like facts when you complain about the leave campaign when you're shown facts that disprove everything the remain said would happen and hasn't you don't like it.

I'll ask again where's the immediate and profound shock to our economy?

Where's the punishment budget?

Where's the rise in taxes and cuts to the NHS?

Where's the recession?

Where's the fall of 5.5% in GDP?

Comment

These weren't forecast if DC triggered Article 50 immediately, read them again. These where forecast to happen immediately, go read the link which is from the official remain camp. You seem to be getting rather confused. You only like facts when you complain about the leave campaign when you're shown facts that disprove everything the remain said would happen and hasn't you don't like it.

I'll ask again where's the immediate and profound shock to our economy?

Where's the punishment budget?

Where's the rise in taxes and cuts to the NHS?

Where's the recession?

Where's the fall of 5.5% in GDP?
              Thank you for kindly giving me some "rep" again. You must realise that doing this in a debate does look very childish.

Anyway, just in case you missed it, we haven't left the EU yet. Also, swift Bank of England action taken to mitigate potential problems.

Don't worry - bad things are coming. Or do you deny that Sterling has devalued and that even Theresa May knows there are troubled financial waters ahead?

Comment

Thank you for kindly giving me some "rep" again. You must realise that doing this in a debate does look very childish.

Anyway, just in case you missed it, we haven't left the EU yet. Also, swift Bank of England action taken to mitigate potential problems.

Don't worry - bad things are coming. Or do you deny that Sterling has devalued and that even Theresa May knows there are troubled financial waters ahead?
                Your problem is when presented with facts you don't have a clue. Keep doing an ostrich as you seem to unable to comprehend that all of the above where supposed to happen immediately if there was a vote to leave without even triggering Article 50. But never mind, I can see you don't like been wrong and my need to have someone comfort you.

Comment

Your problem is when presented with facts you don't have a clue. Keep doing an ostrich as you seem to unable to comprehend that all of the above where supposed to happen immediately if there was a vote to leave without even triggering Article 50.
                  What facts have you presented that those particular predictions were based on Article 50 NOT being triggered? Is your total position that because there wasn't a complete economic meltdown the day after the referendum then everything will be fine?

Originally posted by jjwf View Post
                  But never mind, I can see you don't like been wrong and my need to have someone comfort you.
                  Last edited by RandomPC; 09-02-17, 14:13.

Comment

• 4300 per family worse off.

In my local supermarket, the average price increase since the start of 2017 has risen by around 5-20p on everything, some things more. but lets keep this baseline price increase. the Average family spends around 80-150 a week on food shopping. let's, for arguments sake assume that this price increase is actually a percentage (0.2 percentage points, which = 2%, this is the increase in inflation so far from 1-1.6-2%) lets assume that inflation increases slowly up until Article 50, and then jumps to say 5%, at a conservative guess... I will be kind and just run with 3% average for the year. So the average yearly spend on food will increase by around 1-200 alone... but that doesnt even include the fall of the pound.

Now inflation effects everything. https://www.theguardian.com/business...economy-brexit

consider this. Someoone earning 25k pa, after all deducations including student loan, makes around 374.84 a week. This amount is now worth 25% LESS based on the drop of the pound. ($607.2 vs $453.55). JUST ONE DAY after the referendum UK businesses lost over 125 Billion

There isnt a 30bn black hole, there is a 100bn black hole. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7422141.html

https://www.theguardian.com/business...owdown-in-2017

The fact is, november -january are ALWAYS strong months in public spending and economic growth. People haven't realised they are running out of money yet.

those on minimum wage are now in poverty, those on a decent 'wage' are now going to struggle. Those who are relatively affluent are going to see an increase in crime, homelessness, and the social underclasses wrecking the place while schools and NHS services are going to be clogged and unavailable.

Textbook Tory divide and conquer. UKIP are nothing more than a Tory invention to divide the working class, Right wing Media in scotland encouraged support for nationalism/SNP to divide Labour in scotland and the poorly educated people of the country revert to their brain washing where they blame immigration for problems caused by big business and the government.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38762034

Again, to reiterate... BREXIT HAS NOT HAPPENED YET!!!!
                    Last edited by I3R0K3N7FEET; 09-02-17, 14:45.

Comment

What facts have you presented that those particular predictions were based on Article 50 NOT being triggered? Is your total position that because there wasn't a complete economic meltdown the day after the referendum then everything will be fine?

You're wrong plain and simple, you pointed out the lies by the leave campaign and when I pointed out the major lies told by the remain campaign you tried to back the lies up by saying we haven't left yet, what does this mean then there will be immediate and profound shock to our economy, best grab yourself a dictionary.

Comment

You're wrong plain and simple, you pointed out the lies by the leave campaign and when I pointed out the major lies told by the remain campaign you tried to back the lies up by saying we haven't left yet, what does this mean then there will be immediate and profound shock to our economy, best grab yourself a dictionary.
                        What lies?
                        http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7422141.html

Comment

• Originally posted by I3R0K3N7FEET View Post
                          4300 per family worse off.

In my local supermarket, the average price increase since the start of 2017 has risen by around 5-20p on everything, some things more. but lets keep this baseline price increase. the Average family spends around 80-150 a week on food shopping. let's, for arguments sake assume that this price increase is actually a percentage (0.2 percentage points, which = 2%, this is the increase in inflation so far from 1-1.6-2%) lets assume that inflation increases slowly up until Article 50, and then jumps to say 5%, at a conservative guess... I will be kind and just run with 3% average for the year. So the average yearly spend on food will increase by around 1-200 alone... but that doesnt even include the fall of the pound.

Now inflation effects everything. https://www.theguardian.com/business...economy-brexit

consider this. Someoone earning 25k pa, after all deducations including student loan, makes around 374.84 a week. This amount is now worth 25% LESS based on the drop of the pound. ($607.2 vs $453.55). JUST ONE DAY after the referendum UK businesses lost over 125 Billion

There isnt a 30bn black hole, there is a 100bn black hole. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7422141.html

https://www.theguardian.com/business...owdown-in-2017

The fact is, november -january are ALWAYS strong months in public spending and economic growth. People haven't realised they are running out of money yet.

those on minimum wage are now in poverty, those on a decent 'wage' are now going to struggle. Those who are relatively affluent are going to see an increase in crime, homelessness, and the social underclasses wrecking the place while schools and NHS services are going to be clogged and unavailable.

Textbook Tory divide and conquer. UKIP are nothing more than a Tory invention to divide the working class, Right wing Media in scotland encouraged support for nationalism/SNP to divide Labour in scotland and the poorly educated people of the country revert to their brain washing where they blame immigration for problems caused by big business and the government.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38762034

Again, to reiterate... BREXIT HAS NOT HAPPENED YET!!!!
                          Except the BOE target figure for inflation for this year is 2%, and why your bringing the dollar in to it is anyone's guess and sterling has not lost 25% of value against the $ since June.

Comment

I've already pointed out the lies, and you're wrong again that article was published before the figures where revised up from 1.4% to a minimum of 2%.

Comment

Except the BOE target figure for inflation for this year is 2%, and why your bringing the dollar in to it is anyone's guess and sterling has not lost 25% of value against the $ since June.
                              if you dont understand math, dont bother talking economics.

Comment

if you dont understand math, dont bother talking economics.
                                Its maths, not math. If you want to try and refute anything I've put go ahead. Another one who doesn't like facts put in front of him. I'll say it again Sterling has not lost 25% of its value since 23rd June 2016.

Comment

Working...
                                X