No announcement yet.

Brexit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking through a shopping district in my city earlier. And then there was an old guy, maybe late 60s, started shouting at a bunch of kids that passed him on bicycles. They didn't touch him, but I guess they scared him, or lightly brushed past.

Lets be clear about a few labels and things.

They were kids, maybe in the 15-17 age range.
    They were black.
    They were English/British
    They should not be riding on the pavement.

So sure, the guy had the right to say something like,

WATCH WHERE YOU ARE GOING, YOU SHOULD BE RIDING ON THE ROAD!

Instead he shouted,

****ING FOREIGNERS, DON'T YOU KNOW OUR ****ING LAW, GO BACK TO WHERE YOU COME FROM, YOU ARE NOT ****ING WANTED HERE, WE HAVE LAWS FOR A REASON, IT WONT BE LONG BEFORE WE CAN GET RID OF YOU USELESS BASTARDS.. etc etc..

this was happening directly behind me. So I stopped, firmly told him to stfu. Tried to talk to him, and ask why he felt this way. Tried to be kind and he then decided to be hostile and start shouting again.

To which I promptly raised my voice and said,

MAYTE, U. R. A. M. BARRASMEENT. Maybe I should vote to stop free bus travel for old people so you can die in your own home. If ya can barely walk, Y U on DE STREET?

Anyway, It seems like that many older people are suffering from the same 'entitlement' issue as they accuse the younger generations of.

Comment

• Originally posted by RandomPC View Post
      At least some Brexit voters can clearly articulate their reasons for leaving the EU:

This Question Time woman voted Brexit because of a straight banana
      I get the funny feeling us leaving the EU is going to be better...

...for the EU lol.
      Why did the chicken cross the road?
      To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

• Not overly surprising data on voters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38762034
        FILM QUIZ!!!!? Name the film from the quote!!
        "Right. Better clench up, Legolas"

Comment

• It seems there are still some circumstances where there are consequences for alternative facts/fake news:

Jane Collins libel case: Three Labour Rotherham MPs awarded 54,000

All your spoon are belong to us

Comment

• Originally posted by R1gg4 View Post
            Not overly surprising data on voters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38762034
            The comments section is the usual depressing read. So much apparent anger at the use of data and repetition of pro Brexit slogans/misinformation about the EU, topped off with a generous helping of "Cry more - we won" messages. It's enough to dent my normally cheery sense of optimism about the future.

Comment

• Vote Leave director admits they won because they lied to the public

Comment

The comments section is the usual depressing read. So much apparent anger at the use of data and repetition of pro Brexit slogans/misinformation about the EU, topped off with a generous helping of "Cry more - we won" messages. It's enough to dent my normally cheery sense of optimism about the future.
                Whereas I've always assumed that people, in general, are ar5eholes, so while it's quite disheartening, it wasn't entirely a shock to me, the whole "2016" debacle.
                Originally posted by coiler
                He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
                Originally posted by BigIan88
                turn off that sexy nonsense
                Originally posted by Salad Soup
                turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

• Ah didums, I wonder why you aren't pointing out all the lies the remain camp told during the referendum.
                  Corsair 900D, Superflower 1200watt Platinum PSU, ASUS Z97 Ranger MB , Intel 4790K, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, Corsair H100i, 16gig Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz, Samsung 850 (500gig), WD 2tb, Pioneer 206DBK BluRay writer, Windows 10, Dell 2715U.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjwf View Post
                    Ah didums,I wonder why you aren't pointing out all the lies the remain camp told during the referendum.

Comment

• Just drop it will you all! It is past and done, whichever way you voted!
                      I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
                      Dave Burnett

Comment

• George Osborne says he will have to slash public spending and increase taxes in an emergency Budget to tackle a 30bn "black hole" if the UK votes to leave the European Union.

The chancellor said this could include raising income and inheritance taxes and cutting the NHS budget.

Treasury analysis on the EU shows UK will be worse off by 4,300 a year per household if Britain votes to leave.

IMF says Brexit would trigger UK recession.

Leaving the EU would hit British living standards, stoke inflation and wipe up to 5.5% off GDP, the International Monetary Fund has warned with less than a week to go until the referendum.

The IMF
                        said last month that Brexit could spark a stock market crash and a steep fall in house prices.

The analysis in this document comes to a clear central conclusion: a vote to leave would represent an immediate and profound shock to our economy. That shock would push our economy into a recession and lead to an increase in unemployment of around 500,000, GDP would be 3.6% smaller, average real wages would be lower, inflation higher, sterling weaker, house prices would be hit and public borrowing would rise compared with a vote to remain.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...the_eu_web.pdf
                        Last edited by jjwf; 09-02-17, 12:01.
                        Corsair 900D, Superflower 1200watt Platinum PSU, ASUS Z97 Ranger MB , Intel 4790K, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, Corsair H100i, 16gig Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz, Samsung 850 (500gig), WD 2tb, Pioneer 206DBK BluRay writer, Windows 10, Dell 2715U.

Comment

• Please share your evidence that those projections:

1) Have been proven to be wrong

2) Weren't based on reasonable assumptions

3) Won't happen when we actually leave the EU

Comment

• Hasn't England's GDP actually grown over the past year...?
                            ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

• We. Haven't. Left. Yet. The referendum and intent doesn't change anything.
                              NZXT H440 Matte Black and Red | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz | Corsair H100i v2 | 1080 GTX Founders Edition | 32gb Avexir Blitz DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 512 GB | 3TB Western Digital Red | Dell S2716DG | SteelSeries Sensei | Corsair Vengeance K90 | Corsair Vengeance 1500 / Gigaworks T40

Comment

evidence
                                Hahaha "evidence"! Sounds likes something the so-called "experts" would present!

No we don't want any of that in Britain, here we value hearsay, hyperbole and getting irrationally angry in debates with people who don't agree with us!
                                i5 2500k | 16GB RAM | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC | 256GB + 240GB SSDs | 1TB + 3TB HDDs | Define R5 Black | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz + BenQ 24" 1080p 144Hz

Comment

Working...
                                X