Brexit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• See a lot of pointless comments, things like 'just deal with it' is immature and Naive. In fact the 'just deal with it' attitude is so fundamentally instilled into British society, it is something that many need to realise is exactly the cause of many problems. 'Not much we can do, deal with it', I don't vote because it makes no difference... etc

Nigel has been spouting lies about the EU and how the EU works for his entire existence in UKIP. He has been telling lies about law making and how it affects people and how 'undemocratic it is', when its all lies lies lies.

The fact that the media keep giving him airtime sooo convinces me that he is nothing more than a Tory Stooge set out to divide the Working class, thus undermine Labour. The sooner the dumbasses of middle england realise that the Tories and UKIP DO not have their interests at heart, the better.

Comment

• Originally posted by cold fusion View Post
        Lol at point 2.1 from that document. Even the PM acknowledges that the leave voters were ill informed:
        "The sovereignty of Parliament is a fundamental principle of the UK constitution. Whilst Parliament has remained sovereign throughout our membership of the EU, it has not always felt like that."

@jjwf: you argued about sovereignty. Well the Prime Minister has basically just pwned you in this official Brexit document. I trust you'll now dismiss her account as just another "so called expert" who knows nothing about politics.
        She is wrong, we aren't sovereign and have never been since we joined the EU, EU law over rules UK law.
        Corsair 900D, Superflower 1200watt Platinum PSU, ASUS Z97 Ranger MB , Intel 4790K, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, Corsair H100i, 16gig Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz, Samsung 850 (500gig), WD 2tb, Pioneer 206DBK BluRay writer, Windows 10, Dell 2715U.

Comment

• Originally posted by I3R0K3N7FEET View Post
          See a lot of pointless comments, things like 'just deal with it' is immature and Naive. In fact the 'just deal with it' attitude is so fundamentally instilled into British society, it is something that many need to realise is exactly the cause of many problems. 'Not much we can do, deal with it', I don't vote because it makes no difference... etc

Nigel has been spouting lies about the EU and how the EU works for his entire existence in UKIP. He has been telling lies about law making and how it affects people and how 'undemocratic it is', when its all lies lies lies.

The fact that the media keep giving him airtime sooo convinces me that he is nothing more than a Tory Stooge set out to divide the Working class, thus undermine Labour. The sooner the dumbasses of middle england realise that the Tories and UKIP DO not have their interests at heart, the better.
          And Labour or the Liberals do?
          Corsair 900D, Superflower 1200watt Platinum PSU, ASUS Z97 Ranger MB , Intel 4790K, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, Corsair H100i, 16gig Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz, Samsung 850 (500gig), WD 2tb, Pioneer 206DBK BluRay writer, Windows 10, Dell 2715U.

Comment

• Lets see... They want to make sure the NHS doesn't collapse into privatised hell and increase it's funding, look after the working class families, the sick, disabled, homeless, maintain favorable trade agreements that were beneficial to our economy, tax the big corporations and the rich, and protect people's rights which the Tories want to destroy... So yeah, pretty much. How is that even a question?

Why am I even asking?
            Last edited by FunkY; 02-02-17, 17:24.
            Why did the chicken cross the road?
            To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjwf View Post
              She is wrong, we aren't sovereign and have never been since we joined the EU, EU law over rules UK law.
              You complained about me not taking you seriously and then you make a post claiming to know more about UK politics and law than our Prime Minister.

Comment

• we haven't been in charge of our affairs since going broke in 1941 dude.

nothing to do with the eu.

as for the law. when the uk government will not enforce those laws the whole world is meant to follow, who will?
                "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                Plato

Comment

• No county is in complete control of their affairs. Not even North Korea. We live in a global economy, if we want to thrive then we need good relationships with other countries. Which means we have to offer them something in return for trade deals et al. The EU, America and China won't want to do business with us of they end up poorer for it anymore than we do. So we are stuck with playing international politics regardless of our EU membership; just as America, China, and every other world leader has too.

Comment

• Originally posted by cold fusion View Post
                    Lol at point 2.1 from that document. Even the PM acknowledges that the leave voters were ill informed:
                    "The sovereignty of Parliament is a fundamental principle of the UK constitution. Whilst Parliament has remained sovereign throughout our membership of the EU, it has not always felt like that."

@jjwf: you argued about sovereignty. Well the Prime Minister has basically just pwned you in this official Brexit document. I trust you'll now dismiss her account as just another "so called expert" who knows nothing about politics.
                    Did you see this?

I haven't been able to work out if it's a mistake or she's proposing everyone get 14 weeks of holiday post brexit...
                    NZXT H440 Matte Black and Red | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz | Corsair H100i v2 | 1080 GTX Founders Edition | 32gb Avexir Blitz DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 512 GB | 3TB Western Digital Red | Dell S2716DG | SteelSeries Sensei | Corsair Vengeance K90 | Corsair Vengeance 1500 / Gigaworks T40

Comment

• That's only 3 weeks more than I get now. Not worth it..

Originally posted by coiler
                      Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

• Are we going to become a nation of school teachers?

All your spoon are belong to us

Comment

• Originally posted by Bravetart View Post
                          Did you see this?

I haven't been able to work out if it's a mistake or she's proposing everyone get 14 weeks of holiday post brexit...
                          In the UK, 'Weekends' are traditionally considered, holidays. Many other countries don't even differentiate the weekend from week days. They may also be considering the 8/9 bank holidays/good friday/easter/christmast etc too). well if we take it just as weekends, 2x52 = 104 /7 = 14 weeks.

The way that holiday is calculated in the UK is that the minimum paid holiday by law is 5.6 weeks, but its actually a ratio depending on how many hours/days you work.

If you only work
                          7 days a week 7x 5.6 = 39 days
                          6 days a week 6 x 5.6 = 33.5
                          5 days a week 5x 5.6 = 28 (common standard
                          4 = 22.5
                          3 = 17
                          2 = 11
                          1 = 5.5

This is actually why, when holiday pay is brought up as a 'perk of a job' I tend to be like... So you are offering the legal minimum??

@ Random PC
                          wtf is POONS? its annoying the hell out of me XD
                          Last edited by I3R0K3N7FEET; 03-02-17, 02:04.

Comment

• Originally posted by I3R0K3N7FEET View Post
                            @ Random PC
                            wtf is POONS? its annoying the hell out of me XD
                            I blame peer pressure. It was a misguided attempt to ingratiate myself with the cool kids. I should have known that this would never work and now leave it up as a badge of my eternal shame - each letter mocking me as they endlessly spell out my humiliation for all the world to see: Poons, Poons, Poons.

Comment

• At least some Brexit voters can clearly articulate their reasons for leaving the EU:

This Question Time woman voted Brexit because of a straight banana

Comment

• Saw that doing the rounds. The good old banana myth.
                                NZXT H440 Matte Black and Red | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz | Corsair H100i v2 | 1080 GTX Founders Edition | 32gb Avexir Blitz DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 512 GB | 3TB Western Digital Red | Dell S2716DG | SteelSeries Sensei | Corsair Vengeance K90 | Corsair Vengeance 1500 / Gigaworks T40

Comment

Working...
                                X