Brexit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bravetart View Post
    From memory he's from another European country. It's the European parliament, since Nige failed to get a seat in the UK parliament 7 times.
    I know where he's from and in what building he's sitting. It was taken before the referendum and he's laughing at Nigel Farage telling the EU parliament that the UK would be leaving the EU. Well he ain't laughing now, in fact he's most probably crying thinking about how the EU is going to make up the shortfall especially since Greece is on the verge on going bankrupt and will be out of the EU & the euro, Italy is getting closer by the day of having to go the ECB & the IMF for a massive bailout. Bring it on, they have no one to blame but themselves, one cap does not fit all.
    Corsair 900D, Superflower 1200watt Platinum PSU, ASUS Z97 Ranger MB , Intel 4790K, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, Corsair H100i, 16gig Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz, Samsung 850 (500gig), WD 2tb, Pioneer 206DBK BluRay writer, Windows 10, Dell 2715U.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjwf View Post
      I know where he's from and in what building he's sitting. It was taken before the referendum and he's laughing at Nigel Farage telling the EU parliament that the UK would be leaving the EU. Well he ain't laughing now, in fact he's most probably crying thinking about how the EU is going to make up the shortfall especially since Greece is on the verge on going bankrupt and will be out of the EU & the euro, Italy is getting closer by the day of having to go the ECB & the IMF for a massive bailout. Bring it on, they have no one to blame but themselves, one cap does not fit all.
      Actually, that was after we'd 'left'. Nigel accused everyone of having never worked a proper job in their lives. The guy facepalming was a heart surgeon before he went in to politics.
      NZXT H440 Matte Black and Red | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz | Corsair H100i v2 | 1080 GTX Founders Edition | 32gb Avexir Blitz DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 512 GB | 3TB Western Digital Red | Dell S2716DG | SteelSeries Sensei | Corsair Vengeance K90 | Corsair Vengeance 1500 / Gigaworks T40

Comment

Actually, that was after we'd 'left'. Nigel accused everyone of having never worked a proper job in their lives. The guy facepalming was a heart surgeon before he went in to politics.
        You seemed to be getting confused, we won't have left until March 2019.
        Corsair 900D, Superflower 1200watt Platinum PSU, ASUS Z97 Ranger MB , Intel 4790K, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, Corsair H100i, 16gig Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz, Samsung 850 (500gig), WD 2tb, Pioneer 206DBK BluRay writer, Windows 10, Dell 2715U.

Comment

• Hence 'left' as in post referendum.
          NZXT H440 Matte Black and Red | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz | Corsair H100i v2 | 1080 GTX Founders Edition | 32gb Avexir Blitz DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 512 GB | 3TB Western Digital Red | Dell S2716DG | SteelSeries Sensei | Corsair Vengeance K90 | Corsair Vengeance 1500 / Gigaworks T40

Comment

• Oh look more bad news the BOE has uprate its growth to 2% this year from 1.4%, but its not is it. Looks like all the so called experts where wrong again.

Comment

Hence 'left' as in post referendum.
              He's just pivoting as to ignore the fact you made his previous comment invalid
              i5 2500k | 16GB RAM | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC | 256GB + 240GB SSDs | 1TB + 3TB HDDs | Define R5 Black | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz + BenQ 24" 1080p 144Hz

Comment

Oh look more bad news the BOE has uprate its growth to 2% this year from 1.4%, but its not is it. Looks like all the so called experts where wrong again.
                And yet our currency is still taking a beating at the exchange compared to this time last year. Go figure
                Why did the chicken cross the road?
                To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

Oh look more bad news the BOE has uprate its growth to 2% this year from 1.4%, but its not is it. Looks like all the so called experts where wrong again.
                  It's a forecast. It could still be completely wrong. And as you pointed out, we won't have left until 2019. It suggests that things aren't as bad as they were expecting but it's still a worsened position.

"the Bank still sees the economy slowing in 2018, when it expects growth of 1.6%."

Not to mention higher inflation thanks to the weakened value of the pound and greater import costs. Combined with static wage growth means people will be worse off.

Comment

• Originally posted by FunkY View Post
                    And yet our currency is still taking a beating at the exchange compared to this time last year. Go figure
                    Which in turn makes our exports cheaper and is good for balancing the books. I wonder what has happened to exports since vote leave?

Comment

Which in turn makes our exports cheaper and is good for balancing the books. I wonder what has happened to exports since vote leave?
                      And in turn, makes our imports more expensive. Given we have a huge trade deficit, how is that good for balancing the books?

Comment

And in turn, makes our imports more expensive. Given we have a huge trade deficit, how is that good for balancing the books?
                        I suggest you go and do a bit reading. I'm going to leave all you doom & gloom merchants to wallow in your self pity and denial. Roll on March 2019.

Comment

• Sigh. I hope you're right. I really do. You're just not very good at convincing me that I should be optimistic. It's one thing being defiant, while providing reasoning, but you're unwilling to provide anything when brought to task and simply dismiss the entire debate as pessimism.

Comment

Sigh. I hope you're right. I really do. You're just not very good at convincing me that I should be optimistic. It's one thing being defiant, while providing reasoning, but you're unwilling to provide anything when brought to task and simply dismiss the entire debate as pessimism.
                            Go and read what is happening in Greece for a start, they could well be out of the EU & Euro within weeks, Italy will be going to the ECB & the IMF for a bailout within the next 3 months as its nearly bankrupt, DT is going to go after Germany and there is only one winner in a trade war between the Germans & the USA and it isn't Germany. Doom & gloom was predicted the moment if we voted to leave, none of it has happened, wages growth is up, exports are up & growth has been revised up again. Low inflation and low interest rates have just as much negative impact as high inflation and high interest rates. Many feel sterling has been overvalued for a while & yes it gone down but maybe just maybe its sitting around the right level now.

The EU is failing, Germany can only support it so long, don't forget the Dutch have a GE this year and there's a chance that a far right party will form the government and they want to leave the EU, you have Marie Le Pen in France & and there's even a bigger chance of Merkel will not getting re-elected in Germany.

Comment

Looks like all the so called experts where wrong again.
                              Yeah. Screw them and their fancy degrees and years of practical experience working in the industry. What do they know? Tabloid headlines have taught us everything we need to know about international finances - we could totally do their job better than them. We could probably coach a winning international football team, write and direct a Hollywood blockbuster, run the country, and cure cancer too if we weren't so busy telling everyone on social media how much smarter we are than everyone else.

Comment

• Hello so called experts. Here's a box of screw yous.

Comment

Working...
                                X