Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://enemyinastate.wordpress.com/...ctorian-times/

Comment

• New figures show Scotland exporting 50 billion of goods/services to UK, whilst exports to EU only reach 12.5 billion.

http://www.jaydafransen.com/scotland...es-that-of-eu/

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

• BUILD A WALL!
        BUILD A WALL!
        BUILD A WALL!
        BUILD A WALL!
        BUILD A WALL!

oh wait, we have 1....
        "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
        Plato

Comment

• so we've only regressed 1900 years or so then...

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonchester View Post
            so we've only regressed 1900 years or so then...
            More like ~120 years. Unless there was another Queen Victoria around 117 AD

Comment

• not that far, women, plebs and slaves are able to vote now, not just the land owners.

some progress i guess. idk it is still hard to tell as we are missing lots of data from back then.

i mean, their wall building tech is still far in advance of ours
              "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
              Plato

Comment

• I was on about the wall... how Hadrians went up to stop the neighbours we didn't want in our country etc... almost 2 millennia ago...

Comment

• T
                  Originally posted by k3vst3r View Post
                  New figures show Scotland exporting 50 billion of goods/services to UK, whilst exports to EU only reach 12.5 billion.

http://www.jaydafransen.com/scotland...es-that-of-eu/
                  That's a lot of shortbread.

All your spoon are belong to us

Comment

• Originally posted by RandomPC View Post
                    T

That's a lot of shortbread.
                    Most of that will be porridge.

Seriously though, I could think of quite a few industries where Scotland is a premium product: Whisky (without the e), beef, salmon.

Comment

• Originally posted by cold fusion View Post
                      Most of that will be porridge.

Seriously though, I could think of quite a few industries where Scotland is a premium product: Whisky (without the e), beef, salmon.
                      Financial services being a bit export also, though the likes of Standard Life have already threatened to move to London in the event of independence. Interesting source of the information though...hopefully not someone's main source
                      NZXT H440 Matte Black and Red | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz | Corsair H100i v2 | 1080 GTX Founders Edition | 32gb Avexir Blitz DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 512 GB | 3TB Western Digital Red | Dell S2716DG | SteelSeries Sensei | Corsair Vengeance K90 | Corsair Vengeance 1500 / Gigaworks T40

Comment

• Originally posted by Bravetart View Post
                        Interesting source of the information though...hopefully not someone's main source
                        Don't see what's wrong with the source. Just a "courageous young woman who is proud of her nationhood", "involved in the counter-jihad fightback for many years" with a photo of her holding a burning cross.

Mind you, does sound a bit like JJWF's LinkedIn.

Comment

• Originally posted by heavywater View Post
                          Don't see what's wrong with the source. Just a "courageous young woman who is proud of her nationhood", "involved in the counter-jihad fightback for many years" with a photo of her holding a burning cross.
                          That picture is so meme worthy.

Originally posted by heavywater View Post
                          Mind you, does sound a bit like JJWF's LinkedIn.
                          He sent you a request too?
                          Last edited by RandomPC; 27-01-17, 17:36.

All your spoon are belong to us

Comment

• Lately, I have been wondering whether JC's three line whip to the PLP was a good move, but actually, upon learning what is actually going to happen, it makes me happy that he has done it.

I just wish some of the noob MPs fall in behind him and trust his judgement.

Ripped from FB
                            "So if you've been following this in the press you may be confused by what's going on with Labour's 'three line whip' on the Article 50 vote.
                            This is because the media are banking on the fact that you don't understand standard parliamentary process.
                            A bill is voted on several times at various stages of it's development before a final vote in parliament.
                            You can vote for a bill at every stage and vote against it on the final vote.
                            Ultimately its this last final vote that decides wether a bill becomes law, not the votes at the earlier stages.
                            Votes at previous stages only have consequence on amendments and changes to it as it progresses, so these initial votes only really matter to the contents of the bill and not the final decision as to it becoming law or not.
                            What many people don't realise, is that voting against a bill at the early stages, means that you rule yourself out of the process of tabling amendments, allowing the Tories to dicate all the terms of the deal.
                            This is of course OK if the bill is dreadful and you don't think there's any way you can make it better under any circumstances. Then you may as well do this.
                            In the context of the fact that 52% of the country voted to leave the EU, it would appear massively undemocratic for labour to vote themselves out of the process at this stage.
                            If Labour try to kill this bill now, it not only sends a message to the 52%, but it allows the Daily Mail to write some interesting headlines about Corbyn being an unprincipled establishment stooge or something.
                            So I think its prudent to allow the bill to progress to its final vote offering amendments and shaping it.
                            If the Tories vote Labour's amendments down, the things that protect the NHS and workers rights etc, it's easier to explain to working class leavers (who I believe have been duped by Boris, Gove and Farage) what leaving the EU under the tories actually means.
                            At the final stage, it will be in black and white what a Tory brexit means.
                            If it's turns out to be the incredibly ropy deal I think it will be, you can vote against it at the final stage, with JUSTIFICATION to leavers, that the Tory's are using Brexit to hurt their rights and their NHS.
                            Strategically it makes sense to vote this through so the that there is enough rope for the Tories to hang themselves with. They are desperate not to publically reveal the method and means of brexit for a reason. To an extent this forces a few key points of the deal and could play a part in the Tories undoing.
                            So it makes you wonder about the motives of those in the shadow cabinet (who you have to assume DO understand parliamentary process) who are resigning over this." (P.S. Not my comment, I nicked it from someone who in turn nicked it from someone else LOL but a very good explanation.)

Comment

• Trump on Brexit

http://news.sky.com/story/donald-tru...or-uk-10745362
                              Originally posted by Aaron
                              I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Except nearly 25% of these are non UK citizens.
                                Corsair 900D, Superflower 1200watt Platinum PSU, ASUS Z97 Ranger MB , Intel 4790K, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, Corsair H100i, 16gig Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz, Samsung 850 (500gig), WD 2tb, Pioneer 206DBK BluRay writer, Windows 10, Dell 2715U.

Comment

Working...
                                X