Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brexit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by cold fusion View Post

    But as an aside note, we already have multilingual signage in many places - i really don't see an issue with that.
    Multilingual signage is indeed a good thing.











    All your spoon are belong to us

    Comment


    • is the grass still smiling at the curled poo?
      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
      Plato

      Comment


      • So far, the only thing I'm feeling is that Brexit will mean I'll end up with a lower quality standard of life, or I'll be paying more to maintain it.
        Cheers Britain.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Martin View Post
          So far, the only thing I'm feeling is that Brexit will mean I'll end up with a lower quality standard of life, or I'll be paying more to maintain it.
          Cheers Britain.
          But we get to make our own laws! This caller explains why the economic damage is worth it:



          All your spoon are belong to us

          Comment


          • That is a feature of moving into the future wherever you are - not just here.
            I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
            Dave Burnett

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Burn-IT View Post
              That is a feature of moving into the future wherever you are - not just here.
              So, the suck it up approach?
              Wonderful, that'll warm me up at night.

              Comment


              • I am just being realistic and it has nothing to do with politics.
                I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
                Dave Burnett

                Comment


                • Let's not try to debate whether leave/remain was the right/wrong choice.

                  Would people here support a 'hard brexit' meaning, no trade deal with the EU, no freedom of movement and a total curb on EU immigration based on the 52% mandate?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by I3R0K3N7FEET View Post
                    Let's not try to debate whether leave/remain was the right/wrong choice.

                    Would people here support a 'hard brexit' meaning, no trade deal with the EU, no freedom of movement and a total curb on EU immigration based on the 52% mandate?
                    Absolutely not. That's just seeking economic pain in return for very little gain for almost entirely ideological reasons. Still, it will give future generations something to puzzle over.


                    All your spoon are belong to us

                    Comment


                    • Pound less than a Dollar in 3 years! OH MY

                      http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a7362086.html
                      Originally posted by Aaron
                      I want those sweet cherries

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by coiler View Post
                        Pound less than a Dollar in 3 years! OH MY

                        http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a7362086.html
                        Why do you think a bunch of the people really pushing brexit already had a lot of money invested offshore? Not a worry that the pound will probably tank if most of your money is already in foreign currency and investments.

                        Comment


                        • http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7360406.html

                          Hard Brexit or No Brexit.

                          I think our government need to think very carefully.

                          I would hope that our government could say.
                          'On careful consideration to our position and responsibility towards the British public, we have decided to take note of the referendum results as an advisory notice, but the UK will remain part of the EU. The run up to the referendum was rushed, the opposing camps were irresponsible in their claims and the UK's economic stability is paramount. There was no contingent, or backup plan, and the UK simply needs to have a say in the EU.'

                          Personally I think this whole EU referendum business should never have gone to vote, and things are looking worse and worse in the run up to an actual exit. Deny it all you want, but the truth is, people that complain about the EU tend to have no idea what they are talking about.

                          Comment


                          • 3 years is a conservative estimate too xD

                            america are trying to kick it off in the middle east again and watch that oil price go boom, again.

                            how many brits would not be able to drive if it was 100 a barrel, never mind 150+

                            how many jobs will be lost because people can not afford to drive the 10+ miles to work?

                            how many houses will the banks get half price when that happens?

                            i guess the upside is all the jafa have gone home now
                            "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                            Plato

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by I3R0K3N7FEET View Post
                              http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7360406.html

                              Hard Brexit or No Brexit.

                              I think our government need to think very carefully.

                              I would hope that our government could say.
                              'On careful consideration to our position and responsibility towards the British public, we have decided to take note of the referendum results as an advisory notice, but the UK will remain part of the EU. The run up to the referendum was rushed, the opposing camps were irresponsible in their claims and the UK's economic stability is paramount. There was no contingent, or backup plan, and the UK simply needs to have a say in the EU.'

                              Personally I think this whole EU referendum business should never have gone to vote, and things are looking worse and worse in the run up to an actual exit. Deny it all you want, but the truth is, people that complain about the EU tend to have no idea what they are talking about.
                              I totally support what you're saying, but above as nice a turnaround it would be, ain't gonna happen unfortunately. Mays going hard, real hard.
                              Originally posted by Aaron
                              I want those sweet cherries

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by coiler View Post
                                Mays going hard, real hard.
                                She certainly doesn't have that effect on me...


                                All your spoon are belong to us

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X