Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cold fusion View Post
    Mine didn't
    My Mum wouldn't complain either, as it would mean she actually gets to see me I take an annual visit at best these days. Her fault for living in the rear end of Aberdeenshire!

I don't think anyone would've expected the EU to say anything other than what they did. Though I had "soft brexit" as joining the EEA, which is still an option but won't appease the immigrant hating brigade.
    NZXT H440 Matte Black and Red | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz | Corsair H100i v2 | 1080 GTX Founders Edition | 32gb Avexir Blitz DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 512 GB | 3TB Western Digital Red | Dell S2716DG | SteelSeries Sensei | Corsair Vengeance K90 | Corsair Vengeance 1500 / Gigaworks T40

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
      That escalated slowly

You can have 'hard Brexit' or no Brexit at all, EU council president warns UK

Britain has to choose between a "hard Brexit" or no Brexit at all, the president of the European Council has warned, dismissing one of the key claims of the Leave campaign that the UK could "have its cake and eat it".

I know what does hard brexit even mean, well he then clarifies

He said there could be "no compromises" on retaining benefits such as access to the single market and customs union, while rejecting the free movement of people. Mr Tusk will be the chair of all summits between EU leaders to discuss Brexit negotiations.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7360406.html

NAIL IN COFFIN.
      From the first link:

“This means a de facto will to radically loosen relations with the EU, something that goes by the name of hard Brexit," he said.

Originally posted by coiler
      Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

• He did a comedy quote though..

The leave campaign said something along the lines of we could eat the EU cake, and still have the EU cake too.

His reply was this:

“That was pure illusion, that one can have the EU cake and eat it too. To all who believe in it, I propose a simple experiment. Buy a cake, eat it, and see if it is still there on the plate.”

Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

• He's obviously channelling Marie Antoinette - typical patisserie politics.

All your spoon are belong to us

Comment

• Originally posted by RandomPC View Post
            He's obviously channelling Marie Antoinette - typical patisserie politics.
            Marie Antoinette never said "Let them eat cake".

Comment

• he said there could be "no compromises" on retaining benefits such as access to the single market and customs union, while rejecting the free movement of people.
              Why does this need to be said? Didn't we vote to leave the EU?

Does anyone expect to keep access to the single market, free movement etc? Isn't that what we've voted against? We don't want those things.

Too much of the 'discussion' so far has been "well you wanted Brexit so have it" - it's up our elected government now to decide not what we do, but exactly how we do it.

Just please get on with it. It's going to be difficult enough without spending months / years working out exactly what we've voted for. Just leave. Go. Take your stuff and go
              He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
              Originally posted by BigIan88
              turn off that sexy nonsense
              Originally posted by Salad Soup
              turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

• Originally posted by cold fusion View Post
                Marie Antoinette never said "Let them eat cake".
                I can add a smiley if you like?

Last edited by RandomPC; 14-10-16, 14:15. Reason: To appease the righteous wrath of cold fusion

Comment

• Originally posted by omega View Post
                  Why does this need to be said? Didn't we vote to leave the EU?

Does anyone expect to keep access to the single market, free movement etc? Isn't that what we've voted against? We don't want those things.

Too much of the 'discussion' so far has been "well you wanted Brexit so have it" - it's up our elected government now to decide not what we do, but exactly how we do it.

Just please get on with it. It's going to be difficult enough without spending months / years working out exactly what we've voted for. Just leave. Go. Take your stuff and go

Thats kind of what i'm waiting for some solid MTFU lets get on with it, stop dragging feet.
                  Originally posted by Aaron
                  I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Also Brexit thread + CAKE = its just gone gold maam.

Comment

• I propose a simple experiment. Buy a cake, eat it, and see if it is still there on the plate.

Comment

I can add a smiley if you like?
                        If you wouldn't mind. Preferably one eating cake

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler
                          He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
                          Originally posted by BigIan88
                          turn off that sexy nonsense
                          Originally posted by Salad Soup
                          turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

• Originally posted by omega View Post

OK, now I've had to think inside the box.

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
                              Thats kind of what i'm waiting for some solid MTFU lets get on with it, stop dragging feet.

Comment

"Hard remain" wasn't what was proposed. It was essentially "status quo" or "leave the EU". Glad to see that even months after the referendum some people don't have a clue what they were voting for.

But as an aside note, we already have multilingual signage in many places - i really don't see an issue with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X