Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas lights and a New fisheye

Greetings all,

I recently picked up a Samyang 12mm fisheye to pair with my d750 and thought i would share my first shots as im so impressed with lens. Nothing too serious, just fun with fairy lights.

Christmas lights @ Fallowfield in Hertfordshire:

Christmas at Fallowfield

by David , on Flickr

Christmas at Fallowfield

by David on Flickr

Christmas at Fallowfield

by David, on Flickr

Christmas at Fallowfield

by David, on Flickr

Love that first shot mate.

I've been skeptical about being the Samyang fisheye since its so cheap compared to the Nikon fisheye. What's it like?
    i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Originally posted by BigIan88 View Post
      Love that first shot mate.

I've been skeptical about being the Samyang fisheye since its so cheap compared to the Nikon fisheye. What's it like?
      so far ive been really impressed. Build quality is excellent and the infinity mark is actually infinity (looking at you sigma grrr). I was pretty skeptical of compressing a 180 field of view into 24 megapixels but its brilliant. corners are pretty dam sharp and its more than usuable at f2.8.

Its a dual purpose lens for me as i wanted it for IR photography aswell in which its also really good, no hotspots

Its major drawback is that its flares like mad with the sun in the frame so its not a good fit for everyshot.

Picked this up from MPB a few weeks ago for 225 i think bargain

Comment

I've been wanting a fisheye for a long time but the wide angle Tokina (11-16mm) suits most of my shots just fine at the moment and as I've just gone FF, its quite a steep increase in price for lenses and a DX fisheye wouldn't work properly on a FX body so I need to do some research on it.
        i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Originally posted by BigIan88 View Post
          I've been wanting a fisheye for a long time but the wide angle Tokina (11-16mm) suits most of my shots just fine at the moment and as I've just gone FF, its quite a steep increase in price for lenses and a DX fisheye wouldn't work properly on a FX body so I need to do some research on it.
          funny how some things work out. I too shot with a Tokina 11-16 on DX (in fact i still have it somehwere). I continued to use it with my full framer for about a year while i worked out what to upgrade too. No vignetting @ 16mm and good center sharpness, corners a little mushy.... ended up shooting wide than needing and cropping. A high proportion of my very best shots were taken with that lens.

ive now got a Tamron 15-30 f2.8 which is bloody huge, meaning ive now also got a set of 150mm filters and polariser... help

back on the fisheye topic you might find this video helpful, has some comparisons with other lenses. It tipped the balance on the samyang fisheye for me (samyang, rokinon etc are the same lens)

Comment

Working...
          X