Yongnuo Flashes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yongnuo Flashes

Used to swear by them being reliable and a much cheaper alternative to the camera-brand flashes but I've ran into a few problems recently.

YN-560 II - Stopped working last weekend after 3-4 years of weekly use (firing 300-500 times a week) and wouldn't turn on at all with a few light burn/scorch marks on the LCD screen. Tried it again this morning and now turns on every time and fires

YN-565 - Stopped working this weekend after being used on less than 10 occasions (approx 4000 photos taken). It turns on fine and the flash acknowledges it should discharge as the LCD screen dims when its supposed to fire but it doesn't. The AF grid array works fine but it just wont fire a flash - it was working fine all night until it randomly stopped firing - even when mounted on wireless triggers which again acknowledge that the shutter has been released but the flash doesn't fire.

I can't ignore the fact they've both had issues each week and my camera body will be investigated and factory reset later today but just curious if anyone else has had issues with them?
    i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

ive got one of these flashes, does yn560 3 sound right? nowhere near your usage numbers but it has been fine with all but 1 set of batteries that it didn't like

Comment

I think the 560 goes up to IV so if you've got the III then that makes sense.

I use Eneloop batteries in everything I use camera related, AAA in my triggers and AA in my flashes. I'm going to grab myself another 560 just in case I can't get my current flashes working consistently again.
      i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Working...
      X