Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo Tips: Lightroom - Spot removal guide, something in your image you don't want?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Tips: Lightroom - Spot removal guide, something in your image you don't want?

Bird in this image on the top right is distracting...

Originally posted by {SAS}TB View Post
    And in pics () !

Zoom in and select the spot removal tool

Click on the offending bird

Drag the cursor to what you want to replace it with (nice piece of clear sky)

Click again

Voila ! tis gone

Thanks {SAS}TB for the great guide, its easy when you know how
    Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

Hmmm, that tree is too distracting...
    Play3r | News, Reviews & Competitions

Comment

Originally posted by FlasH View Post
      Hmmm, that tree is too distracting...
      http://thechive.com/2012/03/27/gotta...roll-7-photos/

Comment

Cheers Coiler, this should come in useful to most people over time, i had no idea how to do this kind of thing in lightroom .
        Laptop: i7-3610QM~16GB~GT635M
        Gamer: i7 3820 @ 4.4Ghz~MSI X79A-GD65~16GB Redline 2133~HIS R290(X)~TT A90~CM SILENT PRO 1000w~U2713HM.
        Canon 5D Mk3 16-35 F4L / 24-105L / 180mmL / 70-200 2.8L IS II / Sigma 50mm f1.4DG / Sigma 150-600 Sport / 2x 430EXii (Me on 500px)

Comment

Add to the Sticky but remove from photo feedback =) and place on main Photo page
          Please read the signature rules.

Comment

no prefer sticky in here, photofeedback is where most people come for advise on improving photos, this is a tip that can improve photos.

Comment

Originally posted by mac124 View Post
              Cheers Coiler, this should come in useful to most people over time, i had no idea how to do this kind of thing in lightroom .
              I love lightroom more and more, with every new feature I find!

Comment

Lightroom is great as long as you don't want to do anything to change the picture too much from the original If you wanted to remove the tree, for example, Lightroom would be of no use, you'd need Photoshop
                Corsair 600T | Asus Sabertooth Z77 ATX | Intel i5-3570k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance LP Black 16GB | EVGA GTX670 2GB | Mushkin Chronos 240GB

Comment

RIP bird

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisGlobe View Post
                    Lightroom is great as long as you don't want to do anything to change the picture too much from the original If you wanted to remove the tree, for example, Lightroom would be of no use, you'd need Photoshop
                    In which case, its highly unlikely you'd shoot anything as monolithic as the tree if it was ruining your picture *that* much... unless you're some sort of photoshop sadist.

Comment

You're right, but it served as a good example (and I have been known to edit entire trees out of the background of a shot, as well as buildings, people, clouds, etc.)
                      Corsair 600T | Asus Sabertooth Z77 ATX | Intel i5-3570k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance LP Black 16GB | EVGA GTX670 2GB | Mushkin Chronos 240GB

Comment

Sadist!

Comment

Haha, got to have the perfect shot!

Comment

I'm not normally a fan of removing stuff from photo's, the bird in this case I can justify, but stuff as big as trees LOL I should have taken the photo form a different spot!

Comment

Ahh, but what if everything else in the shot is perfect, with the exception of a rogue tree? (or street-lamp, when shooting 1940s era vehicles on a 1940s era street with a 1980s era lamp-post)

Digital photography is a wonderful tool, you can take a photograph that isn't perfect and make it perfect.

Comment

Working...
                              X