Colour - March 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colour - March 2016

Ive decided to steal this months as no one offered.

To encourage forum users to converse and share ideas and generally inject some community spirit we are holding a monthly photography theme to help get all you nice people use the creative side of your brain. Themes and advice can be discussed and shared here too. There will be no 'best photo' polls nor winners, its just all good fun for anyone who would like to get involved.

Rules

-Any camera will do!
    -Photos must be your own
    -Post only your best shots so choose carefully!

This months theme: Colour(s)

** Not my Images

Tips:

• Be creative as everyone's vision of Colour could be different.
    • Dont be afraid to do bright/dark colours
    • Indoors, Outdoors, something set up its up to you
    • black and white colour splash
    • Have Fun and get creative

Check out FL-Photos & Lee Whittaker Photography

Top job for stepping up and posting this mate - ill throw my hat in the ring for next month !

Great theme too - got some ideas already
    flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

Yeah Ive got some things Ive wanted to try for a while so this will make me get my butt up and try them.

Comment

So I woke up this morning...

Comment

Very nice

Comment

This is one from this weekends Clamping

Comment

free jpeg images

Comment

Very nice chaps

Bit of a shoehorn here, but .........

Some BLUE sky for the first time in a long time

Weaver View With Bike by Jon Parry, on Flickr

And some nice GREENary (will get some proper shots up as well )

Trail #1 by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Comment

I went to Rivington yesterday and watched the sun set. I didn't head further up towards the pike as the road up there was horrendous enough getting to the spot where I parked, let alone going up any further (pot holes, sharp rocks, suspension killer!).

I'm not a huge fan of the composition of this shot but I snapped it on a whim as I was trying various angles of the foreground to make the sunset look a little more interesting. Meh...

i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Very nice mate

A few colours in this one

March Haigh Pano 2 by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Comment

Two form a quick play tonight, not the best but for a first and quick go I'm happy with them

Comment

Very creative do you have a pull back shot to show, or explain the set up ?

Comment

Originally posted by {SAS}TB View Post
                          Very creative do you have a pull back shot to show, or explain the set up ?
                          Not fully sure what you mean by "pull back shot" but here is a little about the shot its self.

I started off by printing out an A4 sheet with two colours on them, just a search in Google for two colours and they came up.
                          After that found myself the glass (Asda 50p) filled it a little with water and put it in the middle of the paper and the water reverses the colours as does the shaft of the glass.

I had to keep filling and empting the glass as if I filled it to much you didn't get the split line in the middle and the two colours were just blurred with each other.
                          So took a little time to find the correct amount of water to use.

After setting up the paper and glass on my desk I set up the camera on the tripod and then started to snap away.
                          I have an open front room/dinning room so at first I kept getting reflection of the TV, windows and so on.

The first show (red and green) is with the paper and glass in a little photography tent with just the normal lights in the flat.
                          The water had bubbles on the glass which I thought made a different effect.

The second one was when it went dark and turned all the lights off and just used a torch from above to try and remove the shadows.
                          As you can see at the base of the glass you can see a little of the shadow.

Im going to try it again with colour patterns and see how that works and maybe some different style of glass too when I have more time.

Hope this is what you was after.

Comment

That's great mate, cheers

A "pull back" is basically a shot of the set up as its sometimes easier to show rather than explain

Comment

Second one looks like an Ikea advert
                              Originally posted by coiler
                              He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
                              Originally posted by BigIan88
                              turn off that sexy nonsense
                              Originally posted by Salad Soup
                              turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Working...
                              X