September 2012 Photography **56K Warning**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 2012 Photography **56K Warning**

To encourage forum users to converse and share ideas and generally inject some community spirit we are holding a monthly photography theme to help get all you nice people use the creative side of your brain. Themes and advice can be discussed and shared here too. There will be no 'best photo' polls nor winners, its just all good fun for anyone who would like to get involved.

Rules

-Any camera will do!
    -Photos must be your own
    -Post only your best shots so choose carefully!
    -Post processing to enhance your images is fine but keep it tasteful...

This months theme:

Landscapes/Cityscapes

Tips:

• Vantage points are vital so get out and look around for the best view for what you want to capture
    • Tripods will be of a great help
    • Use of wide angles or panoramas will add to the effect
    • Increasing your F/ number to the max for higher depth of field may not always result in a sharper image
    • Hopefully the season will start changing and show off some dramatic colours!

Again..
    Have fun, make an excuse to get out to local destinations, take a friend or the family or even the missus and kids (more importantly, take a camera!).
    Last edited by I3R0K3N7FEET; 03-03-14, 11:55.

Oh, I thought it was portraits this month. Bummer, as I'm going to a wedding today so would have had a strong first day to the month!

Comment

going to watch rowing regatta today, will attempt a few landscape shots

although i'd like an UWA lens..........
      i7 2700k \ 16GB \ GTX 970 \ D2x \ Z68x-UD5 \ m4 128GB +2TB \ S12G-550 \ FT02-RW \ G15+G5+G51 \ U2711
      X100 \ X-E2 \ 10-24 \ 55-200 \ 18/2 \ 60/2.4 \ Yn560 \ X1.1a \ Hadley Pro -- Photostreamr

Comment

from yesterday's rowing regatta

The lake by wuyanxu, on Flickr

Rowing club by wuyanxu, on Flickr

Rowing race by wuyanxu, on Flickr

Lonely path by wuyanxu, on Flickr

Great view from apartments by wuyanxu, on Flickr

a few more non-landscape related, rowing related photos on my photostream.

also getting a few printed for my housemate to show, and hope to get more involved with the club.
        Last edited by wuyanxu; 02-09-12, 12:46.
        i7 2700k \ 16GB \ GTX 970 \ D2x \ Z68x-UD5 \ m4 128GB +2TB \ S12G-550 \ FT02-RW \ G15+G5+G51 \ U2711
        X100 \ X-E2 \ 10-24 \ 55-200 \ 18/2 \ 60/2.4 \ Yn560 \ X1.1a \ Hadley Pro -- Photostreamr

Comment

Originally posted by j07cmt View Post
          Oh, I thought it was portraits this month. Bummer, as I'm going to a wedding today so would have had a strong first day to the month!
          wedding photography is pretty demanding and stressful. you need to be totally on the ball as no matter how much preparation you make, it will still be chaos!

That being said, it is well worth the experience if you can find an unsuspecting couple to allow you to do theirs ;D

Anyway shame about the portaits, now get your *** out and show us something pretty!

Comment

I wasn't the photographer, just taking my camera!

Still got 28 days to find something!

Comment

Nice photos mate! Like them all

I'll try get some city scapes this month! I haven't submitted any photos in the monthly events lately, can't believe it.
              Main Rig: A8 7670k @4.5GHz // Gigabyte F2A88-XM D3H // 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz // Sapphire Nitro R9 380 // Samsung 850 250GB // Samsung F3 500GB // EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 // Dell U2312HM // Zowie EC2
              Dell Inspiron 15 Special Edition:
              i7 3612QM // 6GB RAM // 7730M // Samsung 840 250GB // Backlit K/B // 1080p Panel // Soundblaster Evo Wireless

Comment

Originally posted by Sarky View Post
                I haven't submitted any photos in the monthly events lately, can't believe it.

cos yew fail should be a good one this month really. hoping for some interesting shots ;D

Comment

right hopefully I should be able to take part in this months theme, was very busy last month so never got the chance to do anything I wanted to :/
                  Liquid Ninja(WIP): Intel i7 5960X, 16GB Kingston Hyper-X Fury Black, ASUS X99 Deluxe, GTX980, SuperFlower Leadex 1200W, CM HAF Stacker, Custom Water cooling, Samsung SM951 512GB, WD Red 3TB x2 ASUS, Xonar Phoebus Solo, Logitech X-530, 3x Dell U2312HM

Comment

How convenient that this theme fits my trip to Brimham Rocks

Comment

One from me

Phone cameras are aloud right?
                      Last edited by Salad Soup; 03-09-12, 20:17.
                      Originally posted by omega
                      He's trying to lick the inside of his brain though, doesn't that count for something??

|EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper SLI|Intel Core i7 5820K |Gigabyte X99-UD4P|8GB 2133Mhz Hyper X Fury DDR4|2x 120GB Samsung 850 Evo Raid0|3.0TB WD Green|Corsair 650W|LG 29UB65-P|
                      All bundled in a Enthoo Primo under Water.

Comment

If it was famous people or sci fi, I'd have this month sorted!

I will make an effort this month I think. The festival yesterday determined that yes, I do still get easily exhausted, but at least I can get out and about now. I just have to keep stopping for a rest. So I'll see what I can get.

Check out my latest Steam Workshop creations here

Comment

Originally posted by JPCC0992 View Post
                          One from me

Phone cameras are aloud right?
                          Yeah phone cameras are alight , Even you mums phone , GET HER SHOOTING !
                          Please read the signature rules.

Comment

Nice subject this month

Comment

More rocks

Comment

Working...
                              X