August 2012 Photography **56K Warning**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 2012 Photography **56K Warning**

To encourage forum users to converse and share ideas and generally inject some community spirit we are holding a monthly photography theme to help get all you nice people use the creative side of your brain. Themes and advice can be discussed and shared here too. There will be no 'best photo' polls nor winners, its just all good fun for anyone who would like to get involved.

Rules

-Any camera will do!
    -Photos must be your own
    -Post only your best shots so choose carefully!
    -Post processing to enhance your images is fine but keep it tasteful...

This months theme is:

'A Summers Walk'

Tips:

• Take a walk, Capture and share.
    • Sunny days can make for harsh lighting, keep in mind the position of the sun. (may end up raining all month ;D)
    • Try to tell a story of your journey
    • If you are out on a sunny day, capitalise using low ISO
    • Remember have fun, and treat yourself to some ice cream!

Last edited by I3R0K3N7FEET; 03-03-14, 11:56.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2635167#outlook

Monday 30 July—Sunday 5 August

Low pressure returns with cooler, wetter weather

It will be a cool end to the month as frontal systems bring wet weather back to most areas.
    Generally it will be an unsettled start to the week with sunshine and showers. During the middle of the week, low pressure will approach from the west bringing cloudy skies and outbreaks of rain to all. Rain will be heavy in the west with gusty winds.
    The low pressure will sit to the west for the end of the week bringing a mix of sunny spells and showers to all areas, possibly merging into persistent rain across the north and west. The best of any sunny spells will be in the east. It will be windy at times with temperatures close to or just below average, especially in any rain.

Monday 6 August—Sunday 12 August

Still sunshine and showers

High pressure will linger close to the south and lower pressure will sit close to the north. The remainder of the period will see further sunshine and showers, again merging into longer spells of rain in places, particularly towards the far north.
    It will continue to be rather cool but temperatures may recover in any sunnier spells towards the south and east. By the end of the period, some longer spells of drier weather may develop across southern parts with temperatures recovering closer to average.

Monday 13 August—Sunday 26 August

No heat wave

A lengthy spell of hot, sunny weather across the whole country currently looks unlikely towards the end of August. It is most likely that the weather will remain changeable with southern areas having the best of any dry, bright and at times warm weather. Some rain is likely in places, which may be heavy at times, most likely further north.
    I'd suggest making the most of any sunny days to come in your area and keep an eye on the forecasts though its not a problem, rain is part of our summer anyway so don't let it hold you back!
    Last edited by I3R0K3N7FEET; 01-08-12, 01:16.

Comment

first! lol. i'll kick this off by a walk with my new ultra wide angle lens an hour ago.

Internet by wuyanxu, on Flickr

Wide angle fun by wuyanxu, on Flickr

Summer in England by wuyanxu, on Flickr
      i7 2700k \ 16GB \ GTX 970 \ D2x \ Z68x-UD5 \ m4 128GB +2TB \ S12G-550 \ FT02-RW \ G15+G5+G51 \ U2711
      X100 \ X-E2 \ 10-24 \ 55-200 \ 18/2 \ 60/2.4 \ Yn560 \ X1.1a \ Hadley Pro -- Photostreamr

Comment

damn thats got some girth!
        Originally posted by Aaron
        I want those sweet cherries

Comment

A summer walk in the country, sun setting, 10 minutes later it poured down...

Comment

That 2nd one is awesome!!

Any post?
            i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

I love the second one!! Very nice photo mate!!
              Main Rig: A8 7670k @4.5GHz // Gigabyte F2A88-XM D3H // 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz // Sapphire Nitro R9 380 // Samsung 850 250GB // Samsung F3 500GB // EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 // Dell U2312HM // Zowie EC2
              Dell Inspiron 15 Special Edition:
              i7 3612QM // 6GB RAM // 7730M // Samsung 840 250GB // Backlit K/B // 1080p Panel // Soundblaster Evo Wireless

Comment

thanks guys shot in RAW and used the histogram sliders to show off the sky as I was seeing it in the flesh. The atmosphere was so close and moody, ended up getting drenched to the skin 10 mins later, the lowepro 160 storm cover saved the camera from an early death

Comment

nice 2nd shot
                  http://dugsmedia.blogspot.com/ http://dugdiamond.deviantart.com/
                  Nikon D3100 | AF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6G VR | AF-S 55-200mm f4-5.6G VR |AF-S 70-200mm f2.8G ED-IF VR
                  AF-S 50mm f1.8G | AF-S 60mm f2.8G ED Micro | AF-S 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED

Comment

Originally posted by coiler View Post
                    the lowepro 160 storm cover saved the camera from an early death
                    Pansy, I took my non weather sealed camera coasteering

Comment

2nd shot is brilliant.

for first shot, you could use an ultra wide angle lens to make it even more dramatic.
                      i7 2700k \ 16GB \ GTX 970 \ D2x \ Z68x-UD5 \ m4 128GB +2TB \ S12G-550 \ FT02-RW \ G15+G5+G51 \ U2711
                      X100 \ X-E2 \ 10-24 \ 55-200 \ 18/2 \ 60/2.4 \ Yn560 \ X1.1a \ Hadley Pro -- Photostreamr

Comment

Originally posted by wuyanxu View Post
                        2nd shot is brilliant.

for first shot, you could use an ultra wide angle lens to make it even more dramatic.
                        Subtle hints like that are tempting me. Ban plz.
                        Main Rig: A8 7670k @4.5GHz // Gigabyte F2A88-XM D3H // 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz // Sapphire Nitro R9 380 // Samsung 850 250GB // Samsung F3 500GB // EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 // Dell U2312HM // Zowie EC2
                        Dell Inspiron 15 Special Edition:
                        i7 3612QM // 6GB RAM // 7730M // Samsung 840 250GB // Backlit K/B // 1080p Panel // Soundblaster Evo Wireless

Comment

Originally posted by I3R0K3N7FEET View Post
                          Pansy, I took my non weather sealed camera coasteering
                          I've been out in to the sea off Portsmouth with my old a200 and 75-300 lens - was great fun just trying not to lose in over the end of the boat!

Not really a "walk" though, so won't be doing it again for this month
                          Corsair 600T | Asus Sabertooth Z77 ATX | Intel i5-3570k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance LP Black 16GB | EVGA GTX670 2GB | Mushkin Chronos 240GB

Comment

Originally posted by Sarky View Post
                            Subtle hints like that are tempting me. Ban plz.
                            you'll be ordering one on 1 bar signal in peak district when you looked through my ultra-wide
                            Last edited by wuyanxu; 03-08-12, 09:27.

Comment

Originally posted by wuyanxu View Post
                              2nd shot is brilliant.

I see what you did there LOL

The kit lens is delivering at the moment, *must lock away credit card*

Comment

Working...
                              X