• Show
Clear All

• omega
    replied
    I sold mine (DX II) on here a couple of years ago for about 275 iirc

Leave a comment:

• BigIan88
    replied
    If you can get the standard DX model cheap enough, its a no brainer mate but as I said earlier, prices have skyrocketed as they are hugely popular nowadays so i'd weigh it up with the cost of each lens too.

I sold my Tokina 11-16 about 2 months ago since buying a Sigma 15mm fisheye and I got 310 for it on the bay of e. I think I only paid 250 for it originally!

Leave a comment:

• omega
    replied
    Yeah that's the only thing holding me back at the mo. I'm wondering how wide I'd want to go ().

The Tokina is favourite

Leave a comment:

• BigIan88
    replied
    I think that'll be more diverse than the Tokina but 16mm isn't that wide on a crop sensor mate. Its not far from the 18mm standard

Leave a comment:

• omega
    replied
    I'm looking at the Canon L 16-35mm f4 now

I bloody hate tech, I might as well open my wallet and tip it out.

Leave a comment:

• BigIan88
    replied
    Top end Sigma lenses are amazing, sadly the 10-20 is a clunky POS in my opinion.

If your camera body comes with a motor inside the body, go for the standard DX version and save yourself a few quid compared to the DX II version which is pretty much the same but with better multicoating and a built-in AF motor for lower end cameras - not worth the extra price if you dont need it

Leave a comment:

• omega
    replied
    Yeah it's a crop. Thanks I was actually looking at the 10-20mm, I've got a 30mm Sigma at the moment and I like it for general shooting, but want something much wider for some expansive landscape shots.

I had that Tokina 11-16mm a few years ago, considering getting another one but I do remember the AF being quite loud, and yeah I would have expected them to be a bit cheaper by now.

Leave a comment:

• BigIan88
    replied
    77D is a crop isnt it?

You might see people recommend the Sigma 10-20mm but I strongly suggest avoiding it, hunts like a mofo, slow AF and alot of barrel distortion. I returned mine a week after having it. The Tokina 11-16mm is a FAR better lens. Its built like a tank, quick AF (albeit, a little noisy sometimes) and low distortion. Unfortunately because they are so popular, the price of them has increased fair bit over the last 12-18 months.

Leave a comment:

• omega
    replied
    necroooooo

I bought a new 77D last week got it for 450 after cashback, brand new, so I'm chuffed to bits.

Now looking at a new wide lens. any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• NickCPC
    replied
    70D is like another 2 years older though, camera tech moved on quite a lot in that time and if you're willing to spend that much, I personally think it's worth saving another bit more and just doing it properly with the 80D - you won't regret it!

Leave a comment:

• omega
    replied
    Looking like 700 for the 70D or a grand for the 80D.

I bought my 40D as a grey from HK but I'm a bit more wary now, so looking at legit local stores.

I'm torn since I've had the 40D for quite a few years now so I know a new body will be a solid investment, but 700 is already a fair chunk of monies to me

Leave a comment:

• RandomPC
    replied
    Originally posted by omega View Post

I'd managed to convince myself the 70D would be a significant enough step up from the 40D (for the superior AF mostly).
    The sensor in the 70D is also a big step up from the 40D. Evidently the 80D is better again for focus and sensor, however if you can get a really good price on a 70D then I doubt you will find yourself ever wanting to change back to the 40D.

Leave a comment:

• omega
    replied
    Ahh that's not what I wanted to hear

I'd managed to convince myself the 70D would be a significant enough step up from the 40D (for the superior AF mostly).

Leave a comment:

• NickCPC
    replied
    We worked with Canon on the 80D launch and it is a really bloody good camera and selling well. If you can afford the stretch to an 80D, I would definitely recommend not least because of its awesome autofocus system.

Leave a comment:

• omega
    started a topic Canon 70D

Canon 70D

Quick fire question:

I've got a 40D, got an itch for some new shiny... Any reason not to upgrade to a 70D?

Go
Working...
X