Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon 70D

Quick fire question:

I've got a 40D, got an itch for some new shiny... Any reason not to upgrade to a 70D?

Go
    Originally posted by coiler
    He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
    Originally posted by BigIan88
    turn off that sexy nonsense
    Originally posted by Salad Soup
    turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

We worked with Canon on the 80D launch and it is a really bloody good camera and selling well. If you can afford the stretch to an 80D, I would definitely recommend not least because of its awesome autofocus system.
    Gaming :: Intel Core i7 5820K, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5, Gigabyte GTX1070, 16GB Crucial 2400MHz DDR4, Corsair H100, BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2, Dell U2410, Fractal Arc Midi R2, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, WD Red 4TB, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Logitech X-230, Seasonic X-650, G900, G510s, 10 Pro x64
    Work :: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz, 16GB RAM, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Crucial MX100 256GB, AMD FirePro M6100, 17" 1920x1080, 10 Pro x64

Comment

Ahh that's not what I wanted to hear

I'd managed to convince myself the 70D would be a significant enough step up from the 40D (for the superior AF mostly).
      turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Originally posted by omega View Post

I'd managed to convince myself the 70D would be a significant enough step up from the 40D (for the superior AF mostly).
        The sensor in the 70D is also a big step up from the 40D. Evidently the 80D is better again for focus and sensor, however if you can get a really good price on a 70D then I doubt you will find yourself ever wanting to change back to the 40D.

All your spoon are belong to us

Comment

Looking like 700 for the 70D or a grand for the 80D.

I bought my 40D as a grey from HK but I'm a bit more wary now, so looking at legit local stores.

I'm torn since I've had the 40D for quite a few years now so I know a new body will be a solid investment, but 700 is already a fair chunk of monies to me

Comment

70D is like another 2 years older though, camera tech moved on quite a lot in that time and if you're willing to spend that much, I personally think it's worth saving another bit more and just doing it properly with the 80D - you won't regret it!
            Gaming :: Intel Core i7 5820K, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5, Gigabyte GTX1070, 16GB Crucial 2400MHz DDR4, Corsair H100, BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2, Dell U2410, Fractal Arc Midi R2, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, WD Red 4TB, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Logitech X-230, Seasonic X-650, G900, G510s, 10 Pro x64
            Work :: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz, 16GB RAM, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Crucial MX100 256GB, AMD FirePro M6100, 17" 1920x1080, 10 Pro x64

Comment

necroooooo

I bought a new 77D last week got it for 450 after cashback, brand new, so I'm chuffed to bits.

Now looking at a new wide lens. any suggestions?

Comment

77D is a crop isnt it?

You might see people recommend the Sigma 10-20mm but I strongly suggest avoiding it, hunts like a mofo, slow AF and alot of barrel distortion. I returned mine a week after having it. The Tokina 11-16mm is a FAR better lens. Its built like a tank, quick AF (albeit, a little noisy sometimes) and low distortion. Unfortunately because they are so popular, the price of them has increased fair bit over the last 12-18 months.
                i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Yeah it's a crop. Thanks I was actually looking at the 10-20mm, I've got a 30mm Sigma at the moment and I like it for general shooting, but want something much wider for some expansive landscape shots.

I had that Tokina 11-16mm a few years ago, considering getting another one but I do remember the AF being quite loud, and yeah I would have expected them to be a bit cheaper by now.

Comment

Top end Sigma lenses are amazing, sadly the 10-20 is a clunky POS in my opinion.

If your camera body comes with a motor inside the body, go for the standard DX version and save yourself a few quid compared to the DX II version which is pretty much the same but with better multicoating and a built-in AF motor for lower end cameras - not worth the extra price if you dont need it
                    i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

I'm looking at the Canon L 16-35mm f4 now

I bloody hate tech, I might as well open my wallet and tip it out.

Comment

I think that'll be more diverse than the Tokina but 16mm isn't that wide on a crop sensor mate. Its not far from the 18mm standard

Comment

Yeah that's the only thing holding me back at the mo. I'm wondering how wide I'd want to go ().

The Tokina is favourite

Comment

If you can get the standard DX model cheap enough, its a no brainer mate but as I said earlier, prices have skyrocketed as they are hugely popular nowadays so i'd weigh it up with the cost of each lens too.

I sold my Tokina 11-16 about 2 months ago since buying a Sigma 15mm fisheye and I got 310 for it on the bay of e. I think I only paid 250 for it originally!

Comment

I sold mine (DX II) on here a couple of years ago for about 275 iirc

Comment

Working...
                              X