Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photobucket rage thread, IMGUR pitch thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coiler
    started a topic Photobucket rage thread, IMGUR pitch thread.

Photobucket rage thread, IMGUR pitch thread.

• Aaron
    replied
    Originally posted by Cypher View Post
    What they've done is worse than ransomware, years of photos now completely unusable because they have put them behind a $399 paywall, I don't know how they are a) legally allowed to do that without notice and b) going to keep any customers.

Sure I can upload some of the newer stuff again to a new service, but there's historic posts on forums that I don't keep track of that will be completely useless now. It will kill a lot of forums completely I imagine as none of the threads will have any photos anymore!

A) Because I suspect their T&C say they now own the photos
    B) Neither do I even if they go back on their decision, people will choose to boycott them now.

Leave a comment:

• Cypher
    replied
    What they've done is worse than ransomware, years of photos now completely unusable because they have put them behind a $399 paywall, I don't know how they are a) legally allowed to do that without notice and b) going to keep any customers.

Sure I can upload some of the newer stuff again to a new service, but there's historic posts on forums that I don't keep track of that will be completely useless now. It will kill a lot of forums completely I imagine as none of the threads will have any photos anymore!

Leave a comment:

• Jackster
    replied
    Personally I use http://postimages.org/ for forum stuff.

Just drop files and it gives you BBcode, Direct links or HTML.

Leave a comment:

• coiler
    replied
    It seems they did make it difficult for a while to mass IMG pics

https://community.imgur.com/t/genera...-links/14149/4

Leave a comment:

• coiler
    replied
    ooooooh Imgur is what PB used to be, so easy to use. Think last time I tried it there wasn't an easy way to select all pics, and mass produce IMG codes, just one by one click click. Now in the my image view it lets me mass produce IMG for forum

Leave a comment:

• BigIan88
    replied
    See! Ye of little faith

Leave a comment:

• coiler
    replied
    Large and huge look fine!

Leave a comment:

• Nifty
    replied
    For reference coiler here are Imgur thumbnail sizes:

Medium:

Large:

Huge:

Original:

With these sizes I don't think people need to do any clicking through. Imgur is really simple image sharing and flickr is more aimed at photographers as it has a lot more features.

Leave a comment:

• coiler
    replied
    Thats what I want, detest scrolling through pic posts and clicking each pic, so will try flickr

Leave a comment:

• Funlester
    replied
    Originally posted by coiler View Post
    Aye IMgur will try tonight! Does it let you pic resolution for upload and display eg 800x600 etc 1920x1080
    Flickr does

Leave a comment:

• BigIan88
    replied
    Not that i'm aware of but you can post "huge thumbnails" and people can click that to see the full size photo

Leave a comment:

• coiler
    replied
    Aye IMgur will try tonight! Does it let you pic resolution for upload and display eg 800x600 etc 1920x1080

Leave a comment:

• BigIan88
    replied
    Imgur-4-lyf

Leave a comment:

• luke22
    replied
    can tell it's been a while, fot buket?!?

imgur and sharex are what you want

Leave a comment:

Working...
X