Dragonflies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragonflies

I got a couple more pics recently of Dragonflies so I thought I would share.

Golden-ringed Dragonfly - this one let me get within a couple of inches, incredible! Largest dragonfly in the UK at 8.5cm long, this thing was properly intimidating, especially with the wasp-like pattern.

Four Spotted Chaser

I haven't managed to get a decent shot of a dragonfly in flight yet, but it is on the list of shots to get. As always I would love some feedback on crop, post process, if you want me to stop posting dragonflies, etc.

I think Dragonflies can be pretty amazing, so I always prefer the shot to have the Dragonfly fully in focus..

That's my only thought

Originally posted by coiler
    Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

I live in a rough council estate, we don't get anything interesting like this to take photos of. The closest thing to it is a pigeon outside Greggs
      i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
        I think Dragonflies can be pretty amazing, so I always prefer the shot to have the Dragonfly fully in focus..

That's my only thought
        Yeah I kinda hoped it would give the impression of size but I did mess up not taking a shot side on, I was rushing to get it before it scarpered, little did I know how chill they are. I also got a great macro with all the facets of the compound eye visible but missed half the head, so it just didn't work. At least I know for next time what kinds of shot I need to get, and to maybe slow down and think.

Originally posted by BigIan88 View Post
        I live in a rough council estate, we don't get anything interesting like this to take photos of. The closest thing to it is a pigeon outside Greggs
        Some of those pigeons are gnarly, with a clubfoot and eating vomit outside wetherspoons they do what they gotta to do survive.

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty View Post
          Largest dragonfly in the UK at 8.5cm long,
          Lies, I have seen some dragon flies I have mistaken for helicopters. I wish I was joking. (I have definitely seen dragonflies bigger than this, 100% no doubt).

Comment

Cracking images mate
            Check out FL-Photos & Lee Whittaker Photography

Comment

Originally posted by I3R0K3N7FEET View Post
              Lies, I have seen some dragon flies I have mistaken for helicopters. I wish I was joking. (I have definitely seen dragonflies bigger than this, 100% no doubt).
              I'm just going by what I found online, maybe you saw some sort of escapee from one of those insectariums, or maybe the water is funny where you live

Comment

Working...
              X