Emperor Dragonfly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emperor Dragonfly

Look at this thing, Anax imperator, what a name too.

1/1000 sec at f/8.0, ISO 800, 400mm

Critique welcome, I still don't know if I am cropping in a pleasing way.

ITs a little bit off centre, but I dont know jack about photography so dont take too much notice of what I say.
    GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

The off centreness is deliberate because I was going for something wallpaper friendly and I was trying to place it on the right third, it was also a tricky crop. Here's the original:

Comment

I like that its off centre, if to be picky I would bring in the right hand side a little so the blurred bit of grass is coming from the corner. the 1cm gap just looks like empty space to me.
        Again this is just my feelings of it.

Cracking photo again though
        Check out FL-Photos & Lee Whittaker Photography

Comment

yeah, that looks stunning dude
          "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
          Plato

Comment

Originally posted by Funlester View Post
            I like that its off centre, if to be picky I would bring in the right hand side a little so the blurred bit of grass is coming from the corner. the 1cm gap just looks like empty space to me.
            Again this is just my feelings of it.

Cracking photo again though
            Oh yeah I see what you're saying, I'll give it another go later and see what I can do.

Comment

Also do you know use Flickr at all?

Comment

No I don't use it, I think I tried to sign up a while back but it was forcing me to create a Yahoo account which I didn't much want. What are the advantages of using it?

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty View Post
                  No I don't use it, I think I tried to sign up a while back but it was forcing me to create a Yahoo account which I didn't much want. What are the advantages of using it?
                  None really, just I like to use it myself.
                  You can just follow people and see their updates and also tells you the info image, like camera settings and lens info and stuff.

Comment

I'll give it another look sometime, I see a lot of people using Instagram but it doesn't really work with my photos too well. Not to mention getting photos into it from your PC is a pain.

Anyway, new crop, thoughts?

Feel free to crop my original if you want
                    Last edited by Nifty; 28-06-17, 01:36.

Comment

I like it mate, also when you zoom in on it, its proper sharp with my dodgy eyes.
                      Cracking mate

Comment

Working...
                      X