Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spec me a...

GoPro camera

Basically, I'm not huge into photography so doesn't need to be a top of the range one.

However, I'm going travelling for a month in the summer around Europe. During this time, I'll be white water rafting and paragliding - I want to GoPro these experiences for sure!
    My band have also got a festival slot in the summer, might be cool to wear a chest strap whilst playing to record that memory too.
    After that, I'll probs use it as a dash-cam, and use it when I go climbing or whatever.

Do I go budget-y type GoPro like the Hero, or should I go more upmarket and just get the Silver hero 4 and be done with it?
    GIGABYTE Z97MX-Gaming 5 Intel Z97 (1150 Socket) ATX Intel i5-4690 3.5GHz (Devil's Canyon) MSi TwinFrozr 970 8Gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz Corsair AX760i PSU

Or do you go budget SJ4000?
    forty quid from the river place.

(hint.......... Yes you do)

DBPower SJ4000. Cheap, 2 batteries, waterproof case, accessories and change from fifty quid. WiFi version let's you watch your videos from your phone without taking the sd card out
    Originally posted by coiler
    the trails is where life flows best
    Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

Oooh, nicely done

Something like this you reckon? https://www.amazon.co.uk/SJCAM-Multi...JCAM+4000+wifi

I'd get it with the spare battery and buy 2 of the memory cards - I'd hate for it to get full whilst I was away and not be able to do anything about it!

Not a competitor link as it's purely for research purposes, but understand if I can't put the direct link.
      GIGABYTE Z97MX-Gaming 5 Intel Z97 (1150 Socket) ATX Intel i5-4690 3.5GHz (Devil's Canyon) MSi TwinFrozr 970 8Gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz Corsair AX760i PSU

Comment

Something like that, yes.
        Some are even cheaper. And I can't tell the difference.
        Word of warning, if it's video you are after they are fine. But the mic is pointless in the waterproof case. Doesn't bother me because I always over dub a soundtrack anyway.
        Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

I use to have the GoPro Hero 4 Silver and was a cracking little camera but I found I didnt use it as much as I was going to and also found it a little bulky.
          When I got the Silver I really wanted the GoPro Session but couldnt justify the 300 price tag.

However the GoPro Session is now only 160 and well worth it. I sold me silver and got the Session and some change for a car holder

Only issue with the Session is that its an internal battery but it has a good life and quick to charge.
          You can wireless attach you phone to use as a viewfinder and its simple to do.

Im one of them people that will always say go for the branded item as I can tell the difference.

Have a read up on the reviews of this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/GoPro-CHDHS...ds=go+pro+cube
          Check out FL-Photos & Lee Whittaker Photography

Comment

If you can hang fire for a few days Stevo I will fire up a few sample vids from the camera, I bought one this morning on the back of Cruciate's recommendation. It will be used in the car and on my bike.

Comment

This is a messing round video I did last time I went taking some Photos in Wales with the GoPro Session mate.
              It shows how the camera deals with recording in dark and light.

Sorry about the video itself I was just messing round doing a blog type thing, my very first go lol

I do go a bit high at about 40 sec and how excited I sound when I figure out what the brick building is lol

This is with me holding the camera in my hand with a little stick thing.
              Check out FL-Photos & Lee Whittaker Photography

Comment

Originally posted by cruciate View Post
                Something like that, yes.
                Some are even cheaper. And I can't tell the difference.
                Word of warning, if it's video you are after they are fine. But the mic is pointless in the waterproof case. Doesn't bother me because I always over dub a soundtrack anyway.
                Sound I'm not fussed about, I'd probably dub it much like your good self

Originally posted by Funlester View Post
                However the GoPro Session is now only 160 and well worth it. I sold me silver and got the Session and some change for a car holder

Only issue with the Session is that its an internal battery but it has a good life and quick to charge.
                You can wireless attach you phone to use as a viewfinder and its simple to do.

Have a read up on the reviews of this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/GoPro-CHDHS...ds=go+pro+cube
                Internal battery isn't my favoured option, but cheers for the link and the advice, I'll take a gander!

Originally posted by le4thab View Post
                If you can hang fire for a few days Stevo I will fire up a few sample vids from the camera, I bought one this morning on the back of Cruciate's recommendation. It will be used in the car and on my bike.
                Ooh, nice one mate, that'd be grand

Originally posted by Funlester View Post
                This is a messing round video I did last time I went taking some Photos in Wales with the GoPro Session mate.
                It shows how the camera deals with recording in dark and light.

Sorry about the video itself I was just messing round doing a blog type thing, my very first go lol

I do go a bit high at about 40 sec and how excited I sound when I figure out what the brick building is lol

This is with me holding the camera in my hand with a little stick thing.
                Haha, nice vid! Quality is pretty good, as is the sound quality. I'd have mine in the housing though, white water rafting might get a little wet haha!
                Ahh, decisions decisions!

Comment

http://forums.aria.co.uk/showthread....the-caringorms

a vid i made with my sjcam4000, so you can see it's not super awesome, but its decent enough if the light is right

i'd definitly recommend a head strap over chest too

Comment

Have sent you a PM Stevo pal.

Comment

Has yours arrived le4thab?
                      Have you tested it yet.
                      I bought 2 in the end, a second to give to my sister who is currently testing it in south Africa

Comment

Yeah, arrived this morning matey, connected it to my bike and went for a quick ride out. Was good but was running 720p @ 60fps so have to try 1080p and see if any better.

Comment

Have you looked at the Xiaomi Yi action cam? gets great reviews and the video quality isn't half bad.

Comment

I haven't, but I will do! Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                            X