Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long exposure, quick refresher on a Nikon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long exposure, quick refresher on a Nikon?

Going to be doing some long exposures over next few nights, pitch black with some lights.

Not used camera for an age.

Best mode, and settings?

I recall I used to use S-mode, with high ISO 100, and tripod, for those crispy star effects on lights Then just turn dial for various length of exposure?

#Refreshme
    Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

On your D3200? Yeah, basics are Shutter priority (S Mode), and then choose your exposure length

To get longer than 30secs, you'll need to use fully manual (M) mode and put it on Bulb - that's probably your best bet all round really, as then you won't get the camera interfering with changing the aperture as well.

Originally posted by coiler
    Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

For a huge landscape best aperture?

Comment

At night?

Originally posted by coiler
        Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

If its pitch black, it wont matter whether you use shutter or aperture priority as it will max out the shutter speed at 30 seconds anyway, just be sure to focus the camera with your lights on, flip it to manual focus then crack on, or it will 'hunt' for what to focus on and miss the mark.
          i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Aye pitch black, but with some lights in the sky

Comment

We talking lights as in stars, a light show or just someone messing around with a light?
              Check out FL-Photos & Lee Whittaker Photography

Comment

Didn't end up taking cam in the end, went to Waterlicht in the peaks, huge smoke and light show in the gorge of Winnats Pass, Was incredible, got some phone snaps, and took a buffet with hot soup and hot choc rum

Comment

Working...
                X