Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony Party Shot Dock - Automatically Takes Pictures

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/55187

Okay read about this in the back of Stuff or T3, its a concept like something out of Doctor Who. Take away the tripod and the dock really does look like some sci-fi.

Wait...it is...

Dock your Sony camera (only specific ones though) and it will automatically take pictures, especially if you smile at it as Sony's smile detection is in place.

Is this one of those:

Yeah this is an awesome gadget

- OR -

This is Big Brother at it's best

I've got a Sony cybershot compact with smile shutter very good camera.

My SLR is a SONY A200 - even better camera

Sony stuff always on top of the game.
    Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Originally posted by Dextrovert View Post
      http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/55187

Okay read about this in the back of Stuff or T3, its a concept like something out of Doctor Who. Take away the tripod and the dock really does look like some sci-fi.

Wait...it is...

Dock your Sony camera (only specific ones though) and it will automatically take pictures, especially if you smile at it as Sony's smile detection is in place.

Is this one of those:

Yeah this is an awesome gadget

- OR -

This is Big Brother at it's best

Yeah this is an awesome gadget +1

Comment

Coiler, this is not just smile detection, it automatically takes pictures and if you smile at it apparently it goes into over drive lol!

I kind of like the idea of not having to take photos, something does it automatically its just the thought of all those unwanted snaps and the fact that your losing the touchy feely.

Comment

I wonder what the pictures would look like. It could be rather amusing to look at those pictures after a party... but do we really need gadgets like these? Especially with a price tag of $150

Comment

Pix are beamed automatically to GCHQ too..

Comment

Yes I forgot to mention that bit! I thought they were making it up !
              The article was talking about how this could be something bigger and Sony would zap you if you didn't smile! lol!

I know our faces are on the Facebook server, on CCTV up and down the land etc but I do not like the thought of Sony having my face on their database. Sony are scarier than any of that lol!

Who knows one day they'll get around the data protection act and start using our faces for characters in games.

Comment

Working...
              X