Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BUDFORCE's not even Ian is Alpha enough to bodge a fix like this.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUDFORCE View Post
    Nearly Christmas, still holding.
    My faith Justified lol....
    posted by scrivz69
    I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
    i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

My favourite thread of the year!!

My belief is the hammerite is holding the tinfoil in place.
      Tin foil and glue wouldn't still be holding.
      Glue and hammerite wouldn't hold.
      It's the goldilocks effect of all three, and you, sir, deserve to be in the new years honors list.
      Originally posted by coiler
      the trails is where life flows best
      Originally posted by coiler
      Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

I think you're all wrong. Before fixing the hole, all the oil had leaked out. Thus, although the hole is now covered it's not actually holding anything in any more.

That's my thinking anyway.
        Corsair 600T | Asus Sabertooth Z77 ATX | Intel i5-3570k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance LP Black 16GB | EVGA GTX670 2GB | Mushkin Chronos 240GB

Comment

Chris Globe! lol
          Originally posted by Aaron
          I want those sweet cherries

Comment

I did actually get a new sump, after lots of searching managed to find an aftermarket one on eBay. It's sitting in the garage, I'll fit when I do my annual service.
            GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

noooooo keep hammerite sump as long as poss! in the name of research!
              Originally posted by Aaron
              I want those sweet cherries

Comment

The only trouble is that if it does fail spectacularly and dump oil on the tyres, it could be quite expensive especially if it causes a crash.
                I have had the pressure release valve on a Rover 214 stick on me and that blew the oil seal on he crankshaft and spewed oil out. I was lucky to control the slide that resulted as I was not hanging around and had the family in the car at the time.
                It cost me four new tyres as well as the engine repair.
                I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
                Dave Burnett

Comment

Its not a pressurised sump, so shouldn't go like that, it'll just start leaking a bit again.

GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

Working...
                  X