Ian, you think you've got a money pit - you have nothing :D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 633Squadron View Post

Says you, whose a**e has just fallen out at the cost of a 12 bulb holder..

I say it in jest as that's everyone's response to any post I make in my car thread
    i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

parts have gone onto back order can't get everything needed to do the full tower replacement, so attempting to be patient.

It's literally "driving" me crazy, I'm missing my stress buster pleasure drive around the country lanes in a Rolls Royce
      Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
      Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Not too bad in the end, and the ride is now very different, picked her back up this morning. Needs a decent wash and some trainer whitener on the white walls.

Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Just use a bit of Tippex. Much cheaper

Originally posted by coiler
          Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleTop View Post
            parts have gone onto back order can't get everything needed to do the full tower replacement, so attempting to be patient.

It's literally "driving" me crazy, I'm missing my stress buster pleasure drive around the country lanes in a Rolls Royce

Need some go pro footage from bonnet, dash, etc of driving said roll round the country lanes
            Originally posted by Aaron
            I want those sweet cherries

Comment

without a goPro, that could prove tricky

The better half held the phone once for a Facebook live thingy when driving back in from B&Q.
              Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Twas a great vid DT, gold commentary! Only thing i'd change, is next time go to a country mansion farm house and pick up some freshly chopped logs and fill boot. The b+q log bit was the only let down for me

Comment

Originally posted by coiler View Post
                  The b+q log bit was the only let down for me
                  I KNEW you'd say that.

Needs to get tipper Hilux to empty in to the Rolls boot direct.

Originally posted by coiler
                  Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

hahahahh YES THIS! followed by DT with an axe chopping said logs in boot !

Comment

you know you can't read any of my posts now without a certain phrase jumping into your conscience!

Outta my way .......
                      Forum Guidelines here

Comment

lmao oh no, it will be now you've mentioned it again

Comment

Icing on the cake would be your avatar as that view out the cockpit!

Comment

will get a better picture and video - have got a nice new camera and a joby monkey clip thing and the camera can sit on the dash, just need some nicer weather!
                            Forum Guidelines here

Comment

MOT due end of the month, expecting to sail through - clearly ..... MOT and insurance due same time and now, given how many times I've been asked, insurance will include Wedding Cover

Couple more jobs done, simple things - new wipers, some new clips on the headlight surrounds but nothing out of the ordinary in a years motoring. The front suspension mentioned at the very start of ownership is now done and I'm going to give her rear end a treat. Bit of a bum lift required, new dampers both sides and a bit of prep work and new seal on the underbody, where needed.

Going to have another little go at the carbs, high choke idle is a little on the fast side. 1700(ish) miles this year, lovely every mile, the trip over Exmoor was a great giggle and a real technical challenge to get the car down some of the lanes, when both side mirrors are in the hedge, it's tight!

For Coiler - I have ran a few test camera positions for recording a journey, but boring trips to shops - post MOT and suspension refresh I plan to do a run up to Oxford and that is a very pretty route on the A-roads.

If I do get a few late bookings, I've three spots of paintwork that will be looked at with the pennies from that, the most concerning is that bubble you get when you know the metal underneath is rusting/oxidising, and it's on the back pillar (not the side that was hit).

Might be off to look at investing in a car that I will buy to put in a garage as the value is rising more than the banks. Another British car although a little older this one, 1954 Riley RME.

Some things still to do on the interior - I've some tools to get hold of to remove the parts of the doors to replace the central locking solenoids and the door switches for the interior lights. I did get one of them working for a while with a cleanup - but not a permanent fix.

I also need to make a few little "odd" things. A sheath (calm down) for the seatbelts - the stalks squeek against the leather seats when wafting along and as the rest is so quiet, it can get quite annoying.
                              Forum Guidelines here

Comment

All sounds good DT, and she's working out to be a reliable beast. Looking forward to more vids wafting down some back country

Comment

Working...
                                X