No announcement yet.

The "Ian vs Cars" Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm starting to think it might be a connector/bulb socket problem. The misses slammed the boot a few days ago and the warning light came back on, later that day after driving around the local streets which are covered in pot holes, it went out and everything went back to normal. Odd!
    i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

• They were just brought up in the days when you could fix cars yourself.

Had to!!
      I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
      Dave Burnett

Comment

• Originally posted by BigIan88 View Post
        I'm starting to think it might be a connector/bulb socket problem. The misses slammed the boot a few days ago and the warning light came back on, later that day after driving around the local streets which are covered in pot holes, it went out and everything went back to normal. Odd!
        Swap the bulb holder over from the fog light to the reverse light and see if the problem follows the bulb holder. The bulb holders should be interchangeable. If the problem follows the bulb holder you have your answer.
        Creator of the Retr0bright Wiki - www.retr0bright.wikispaces.com and Admin at www.amibay.com - the retro computer trading forum - and Bigian88's Dad.....

Comment

• Ian!!!!

You'll be pleased to here I had to tighten a retaining nut today when out in the Rolls. The Secondary arm on the wiper had come loose and the wiper ended up all over the place. Two turns of a 3mm allen key and fixed. Major drama.

DT.

p.s. the major drama is that you'd expect the nut to have been imperial so I had to get both metric and imperial allen keys out the boot - all that effort
          Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
          Forum Guidelines here

Comment

• That reminds me, I need to clean my wiper blades at some point. When they wipe up, they clear all the muck but as they wipe back down, they smear pretty badly.

I should really bin it and buy a VAG...
            i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

• Just buy a new pair. Wait until the weekend when GSF will do 55-56% off and then buy a pair. It will only cost about 20 and last a few years. I have never cleaned a pair of wiper blades lol

Originally posted by Aria
              On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

• We only used to have to clean our blades when we had to park under a tree every night and they got covered in sap on a daily basis.

Originally posted by coiler
                Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

• Originally posted by 633Squadron View Post

Swap the bulb holder over from the fog light to the reverse light and see if the problem follows the bulb holder. The bulb holders should be interchangeable. If the problem follows the bulb holder you have your answer.
                  Update: The problem did follow the bulb holder as verified by his bulb warning in the car, so he just needs to get a new one.
                  Creator of the Retr0bright Wiki - www.retr0bright.wikispaces.com and Admin at www.amibay.com - the retro computer trading forum - and Bigian88's Dad.....

Comment

• Thats proving easier said than done, i've searched various part names on ebay and struggling to find one.

Comment

• Bulb holder? As in the whole light cluster? Part number should be on it.

On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

• http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/25305...7233083&crdt=0

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUINE-VW-JETTA-06-10-INNER-TAIL-LIGHT-BULB-CARRIER-RIGHT-O-S-1K5945260-/202060448396?fits=Car+Make%3AVW%7CModel%3AJetta&ha sh=item2f0bbdc28c:g:i7QAAOSwRkRZwixp

Any use?

Part No. 1K5945260
                        Last edited by 633Squadron; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• That's the one! A bit pricey for what it is though isnt it!

Comment

• http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Bu...EAAOSwNf1ZqR9y

How about 7, all the way from Latvia? Now you know the part number, there's nothing stopping you from looking. You could try finding a VW breakers, to see if they have one...

Comment

• Have you tried GSF and Euro car parts?

Comment

• I have, they don't actually stock the bulb holders themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X