Car insurance rant!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car insurance rant!!!

With Aviva and went online to update the details to the Land Rover, quote came back at 43 to change the car.

Needed insurance on the Passat whilst I sell it so did a 30 day temporary cover quote = 360!!

Attempt 2

Aviva offer a multicar option with up to a 3rd off a second car, so left the passat insured with Aviva, (with plan to cancel when sell) and got a quote on adding the Land Rover to policy = 790!!

Attempt 3

Called up Aviva and asked to change my car to Land Rover and have cover on the passat for only 14 days. "oh the online 43 price is out of date now, its gone up in one day to 160, and 14 day cover on the Passat is 250

WTF

Just got some quotes through confused/compare meerkat etc @ around 450 for new policy on Land Rover, and once i've sold the Passat i'll cancel Aviva and pay 30 admin fee but get my remaining months back in full.

Aviva really aint doing themselves any favours!
    Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

How old are you? I'm 23 and even insurance on my VX is only abour 500/year!

Comment

I think he's like 50. But seriously insurance is a disgrace, but it's because of people that don't insure or claim for things such as whip lash when there's nothing wrong with them.
      Custom Build

Comment

33 with 10 years no claims discount.

After the infamous Wilmslow roundabout crash fraudster who made 12 million in dodgy claims, all manc insurance has gone crazy, double for many people.

Used to pay 225-250 a couple of years back

Comment

Originally posted by coiler View Post
          33 with 10 years no claims discount.

After the infamous Wilmslow roundabout crash fraudster who made 12 million in dodgy claims, all manc insurance has gone crazy, double for many people.

Used to pay 225-250 a couple of years back
          After 33 years with a car you must be pretty dependant on it... oh wait dependancy/addiction... $$$

Comment

Lol he's 33 not been driving 33yrs and coiler you should be lucky you dont have a M22 postcode you'd find it double that
            2007 - Thanks for many years of banter. Temporarily back for now..

Comment

thats isnt a lot really to pay atm.

my girlfriends was 600, electric gates closed on the car, insurance went upto 1000, then renewal was 1100, went with AXA for 700.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Originally posted by tystar View Post
                Lol he's 33 not been driving 33yrs and coiler you should be lucky you dont have a M22 postcode you'd find it double that
                lol most people aren't allowed to drive from birth?

Comment

just gone with Esure 496, but went through the hidden menu and managed to get rid of "hire car" option, dropping it to 481, with 25 quidco cash back. so 38 a month.

When the VW is sold, i'll pay 30 fee to aviva but at least i'll get pro rata monies back.

Comment

my Freelander, insured as a second car which is very true as for daily drives it's the Clio = 176 a year with fully comp and off-road days and greenlaning cover included. It's a low mileage and second car dedicated policy for a "toy"

Another case of postcode lottery?
                    Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                    Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleTop View Post

indeed, we have zero car crime on the police postcode checker site, go literally 1km down the road where a giant sainsbury is and of course there are a few breakins and maybe the odd nicked car.

Direct line claimed this was in our area and so we paid a premium.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleTop View Post
                        my Freelander, insured as a second car which is very true as for daily drives it's the Clio = 176 a year with fully comp and off-road days and greenlaning cover included. It's a low mileage and second car dedicated policy for a "toy"

yeah SK* M1* postcodes are all ruined

this pushed premiums up drastically

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/oc...audster-jailed

Comment

Originally posted by tystar View Post
                          Yeah, thats my problem too.

My last 4 houses have all fell in the M22 postcode and only 1 has fallen under M20 (West Didsbury) but I didnt transfer my policy to that address in the short time I was there as it would have costed 50!!
                          i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Originally posted by Bigian88 View Post
                            Yeah, thats my problem too.

My last 4 houses have all fell in the M22 postcode and only 1 has fallen under M20 (West Didsbury) but I didnt transfer my policy to that address in the short time I was there as it would have costed 50!!

My SK6 postcode is half the cost of my parents SK4 postcode, so dread to think what an M22 postcode would do to it !

Added after 3 minutes:

Originally posted by Brains1969
                            Why don't you just do SORN on the VW. Won't cost u a penny more in tax or insurance. State this whilst it's on sale, that's what i've done with my RX-8. Then when you come to sell the car you can sort things out from there.

I was told by the insurance company when someone comes to look at it the VW and test drive, it won't be legal to take out as their insurances "drive another car clause" won't be valid unless the VW is already insured by me.

So if they crash the car i'd be screwed.
                            Last edited by coiler; 07-08-12, 09:26.

Comment

Try an SK15 postcode, makes M22 look cheap!
                              Corsair 600T | Asus Sabertooth Z77 ATX | Intel i5-3570k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance LP Black 16GB | EVGA GTX670 2GB | Mushkin Chronos 240GB

Comment

Working...
                              X