Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car insurance at 17 makes me cry myself to sleep.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Cosford View Post
    Actually the insurance difference is very minimal.

    Its not really about to car you're insuring but the damage it could do to someone else's.....
    an their body parts too

    4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

    Comment


    • #77
      Well, yeah
      Originally posted by andyn
      Trick in most cases seems to be to get in early, and get out early. Pump and dump.
      PC: - i5-3570k, Mushkin 64gb SSD, 8GB Vengeance, MSI Twin Frozr III 7850.
      Laptop: - Asus N55SF, Core i7-2670QM, GT555M (2GB).

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Cosford View Post
        Its not really about to car you're insuring but the damage it could do to someone else's.....
        Anyone in any car could do damage; it's based on the chances of you doing damage and if you drive an old man car, insurance companies think those chances are reduced. At least that was the case when I was 17 (a long time ago)!
        i7 3770K @ 3.5Ghz (to overclock) Noctua NH-D14 Cooler Gigabyte Z77X-D3H 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP @ 1600Mhz 2 x KFA2 670 OC 4GB (SLI) 2 x 256GB & 1 x 64GB Crucial M4 SSD Corsair TX 850w Antec P182 W7 Professional 64 27" Yamakasi Catleap 2560 x 1440 Asus Xonar DX Alesis M1 Active 520

        Comment


        • #79
          The thing that annoys me about car insurance is even if you have decent no claims (11 years), no points or endorsements, no claims or accidents, don't do a huge amount of miles or have anything added to the car it still kills you.

          Just re-insured my 2003 (53 plate) Audi A3 2.0Tdi and it cost me 493.96!

          To be fair that does include Business Class I cover and protected no claims but still. Considering I think no claims discounts max out after 9 years and are reported to be 70% discounts that would mean if I didnt have no claims it would still be something like 1700 even at my age.
          Removed my picture as I have now sold it all

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Pepp77 View Post
            The thing that annoys me about car insurance is even if you have decent no claims (11 years), no points or endorsements, no claims or accidents, don't do a huge amount of miles or have anything added to the car it still kills you.

            Just re-insured my 2003 (53 plate) Audi A3 2.0Tdi and it cost me 493.96!

            To be fair that does include Business Class I cover and protected no claims but still. Considering I think no claims discounts max out after 9 years and are reported to be 70% discounts that would mean if I didnt have no claims it would still be something like 1700 even at my age.
            be your area too effecting the pricing too with you been in london like

            4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

            Comment


            • #81
              <10 a week? Seems good to me. What would you expect to pay?

              About 50% more than my wife pays for a two-year old Alfa. She uses a broker to find the best deal.
              Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
              Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
              Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by k3vst3r View Post
                be your area too effecting the pricing too with you been in london like
                Damn - I was hoping no one would notice that - yep my post code is an E*

                Which on a scale of A = Low Risk, F = High Risk couldn't be much worse
                Removed my picture as I have now sold it all

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Pepp77 View Post
                  Damn - I was hoping no one would notice that - yep my post code is an E*

                  Which on a scale of A = Low Risk, F = High Risk couldn't be much worse
                  mines D* according to that

                  4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    As a "B" here, that explains the difference.

                    493.96 looks like a real bargain!
                    Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
                    Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
                    Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by michaelkenward View Post
                      As a "B" here, that explains the difference.

                      493.96 looks like a real bargain!
                      Yeah probably, its with Admiral, other insurers were asking 700-1200.
                      Removed my picture as I have now sold it all

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        I live in a rural village where a crime was last committed about 29 centuries ago.

                        Still rated E risk though, stupid postcode - village down the road is only rated B too.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          get your grandpa and grandma on? they have to drive it buy law but if i remember right no limit to how often......

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by hamster603 View Post
                            get your grandpa and grandma on? they have to drive it buy law but if i remember right no limit to how often......
                            I cant add my Grandad as he is no longer with us and when he was he had an automatic only licence, my nan cannot drive and is now almost 90 and my mum only has an automatic licence so again cant be added.
                            Removed my picture as I have now sold it all

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Just checked and my postcode is rated as an A, so very cheap area to insure. Just looked up the postcode that I'm moving to, and its a B, so still not terrible..



                              Originally posted by coiler
                              Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                interesting link that
                                my postcode is an A, not hugely surprising i suppose

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X