Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any VAG-Com experts about?

Hi guys,

Been lurking for many years now and have seen a fair amount of car enthusiasts on the forum. I've recently bought my first decent car since owning rust buckets from the age of 17, but due to needing a car quickly and some other personal circumstances I had to buy fast and forgot to check the extras on the car I bought.

Fast forward to the issue and I picked up a VW Scirocco 2010 which unfortunately didn't come fitted with the Bluetooth module. So being the fool I am, I picked one up on the bay for 150 but forgot to take into account the need to code the car to utilize it. Anyway, I've fitted the unit inside the dash rather than under the seat etc.. with no problems and I'm looking for a way to get the unit coded. I've seen you can get it done at a VW garage but i'm expecting a hefty price for that simple job and buying a VCDS isn't really an option given the price tag of one. So, do you guys know of any services or places that are cheap and reliable to get it done? I'm currently in the Gloucester area.

Cheers.
    Main Rig: Intel Core i5-6600K @ 3.9Ghz | Asus Z170-A | 16Gb Kingston HyperX DDR4 (2133Mhz) | Gigabyte G1 Gaming 970 GTX |128Gb Samsung Evo SSD + 1TB Seagate |Frcatal design Define R5 White

What head-unit are you running. RCD510 or RNS510?
    I have VCDS in Clevedon (Just south of Bristol) but i'm sure there are plenty of people near you that will do it. I have used these guys before http://www.badger-5.com who are near you. Might be worth popping in and having a chat with them.

Originally posted by Aria
    On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

Running a RCD510, but was thinking a RNS510 in the future(about a year or so). Although I'll take it another coding will be needed for when I do it. I know of Clevedon, about an hours trek if I remember rightly but I'll definitely have a chat with those guys though, just down the motorway for me so that's easy.
      Main Rig: Intel Core i5-6600K @ 3.9Ghz | Asus Z170-A | 16Gb Kingston HyperX DDR4 (2133Mhz) | Gigabyte G1 Gaming 970 GTX |128Gb Samsung Evo SSD + 1TB Seagate |Frcatal design Define R5 White

Comment

Working...
      X