Will this T-Cut out ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
    Blimey.. After all of Ian's threads about his car(s) on this forum, your car in that picture is probably still more reliable.

Glad everyone walked away though.
    ban tbh
    i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Originally posted by coiler
      Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Glad you're okay - cars can be replaced!
        --
        Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Thanks all, yes im fine, VAG not so ...........

In terms of "fault" it was "one of those things" however i was doing sub 60 and jammed my anchors on as soon as his brake lights came on and despite being several car lengths behind didn't stop. literally as soon as his lights came on he hit the car in front of him and i went into him - so take from that what you will, three car shunt, me at the back

Yes it was on the 56, jnct 6 about 7.20 ish - but apparently there was another shortly afterwards no for from where we were which resulted in the horrific queues ............

The abuse people were giving was quite eye opening

Will let you know when the insurers come back but expecting a right off and pitiful settlement amount ............
          flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by {SAS}TB View Post
            Thanks all, yes im fine, VAG not so ...........

In terms of "fault" it was "one of those things" however i was doing sub 60 and jammed my anchors on as soon as his brake lights came on and despite being several car lengths behind didn't stop. literally as soon as his lights came on he hit the car in front of him and i went into him - so take from that what you will, three car shunt, me at the back

Yes it was on the 56, jnct 6 about 7.20 ish - but apparently there was another shortly afterwards no for from where we were which resulted in the horrific queues ............

The abuse people were giving was quite eye opening

Will let you know when the insurers come back but expecting a right off and pitiful settlement amount ............
            Yeah I think I got caught in the other one around 30 mins later at junction 4. It took me 35 minutes to get from 3a to 4!!
            i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Sorry mate (for my part in your lengthy que!)

If its any consolation it took over 2.5 hours to get removed from the motorway and then another 1.5 at the recovery yard

Productive day yesterday, not ..........

Comment

Originally posted by {SAS}TB View Post
                Sorry mate (for my part in your lengthy que!)

If its any consolation it took over 2.5 hours to get removed from the motorway and then another 1.5 at the recovery yard

Productive day yesterday, not ..........
                You could sell it to BigIan...he buys duffers and yours is probably a better runner even in that state lol ( jk )
                posted by scrivz69
                I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
                i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

No, I'm afraid you're going to need a mop and some cutting compound. Maybe a touch-up stick.

Comment

Message from the garage is it is "irreparable"

Comment

wow - glad you're ok

Not surprised on the not-fix, that amount of twist and force transfer through the entire chassis means although cosmetically three new panels to repair, the underlying damage is impossible to assess. When you are given access to the car to get personal effects, if it's a write off it technically is now owned by the insurance company. However, the rear bulbs, the radio, the seat maps, the spare wheel, the jack, the headrests all clearly "fell off" in the accident and then all listed themselves on eBay. Depends on the yard is was taken to, but generally a tenner to look the other way .....

No claims protected?

DT.
                      Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                      Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Cheers DT

i was asked to remove all personal effects from the car when it was in the recovery yard as they don't want to take any liability. Not sure I'll see it again TBH

spoke to the insurers and they have offered me a settlement figure which I told them was too low.

they will pass my "rejection" on to the valuer and ask for a re-assessment

however they are also popping me a cheque in the post in the meantime as its a minimum value I am entitled too, so should have the money in the bank by end of next week!

been looking through auto trader and local garage websites for VAG replacement ..........

and yes NC protected, thankfully !

Comment

Been round the local car supermarket and looking like a Merc CLA

Comment

nice choice of replacement
                            Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                            Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleTop View Post
                              nice choice of replacement
                              i think so, cheers

Comment

for if you do go CLA - check it's been recalled / fixed!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41633941

FILM QUIZ!!!!? Name the film from the quote!!
                                "Right. Better clench up, Legolas"

Comment

Working...
                                X