Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coiler View Post
    I'm just trolling with phone comments Marsey you should know me by now

Not been into phones proper for 5-6 years, ran my SGS3 into the ground, now have missus hand me down SGS5, gone are the days of 35-40 contracts and the latest phone/or buying sim free.

Next phone will be hand me down SGS7

so you aint got the self repairing, anti scratch, handset anymore?

i have only heard good things from those with the cheap chinese knock offs. if i was after a device to keep me updated on what people liked on the internets in the middle of the night i would look at them myself
    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
    Plato

Comment

Lol cheap Chinese knockoffs http://en.miui.com/thread-681259-1-1.html, buy one now before they come to Europe and all the VAT gets added. They make fantastic phones for little money.

This is from 2014 http://en.miui.com/thread-53489-1-1.html
      Last edited by scrivz69; 18-07-17, 16:03.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty View Post
        I think there's a small number of apps which need rooting but I've never needed them.
        You will also find that some apps simply refuse to work on a rooted phone.

For example, forget about those "pay as you wave" apps from your bank.

I also looked into Kingoroot for my Nexus 4 but decided it wasn't worth the hassle.
        Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
        Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
        Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

That's a good point, I think the Lloyds Bank app doesn't work at all when rooted for example.

Comment

I think it was when installing the Barclays Android app that I got a warning about not working on rooted phones.
            Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
            Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
            Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

I think most banking apps won't work on rooted phones.

Originally posted by coiler
              Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Sky doesn't work either. Anything that needs digital rights management will be a pain on a rooted phone, they usually just blanket ban all rooted phones since it's impossible to prove you've not compromised it in a way which will allow you to rip them off.
                Originally posted by coiler
                He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
                Originally posted by BigIan88
                turn off that sexy nonsense
                Originally posted by Salad Soup
                turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Anything that requires SafetyNet won't work (Pokemon Go, banking apps, Netflix etc) unless you also use Magisk to hide it, and even then it's a perpetual game of cat and mouse between the dev and Google.
                  I like haikus
                  But sometimes they don't make sense
                  Refrigerator

Comment

Working...
                  X