X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android rooting

Best android rooting software?

Kingoroot gets lots of google results, its on Android 6.0.1

Seemed to suggest one click from phone itself, or is doing on PC itself still better
    Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

Kingroot is a pain in the ain mate and usually some malware cack. What phone are you trying to root.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

OK more to the question..... why do you actually need root?
      posted by scrivz69
      I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
      i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Bin it and buy a VAG
        i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Originally posted by BigIan88 View Post
          Bin it and buy a VAG
          NZXT H440 Matte Black and Red | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz | Corsair H100i v2 | 1080 GTX Founders Edition | 32gb Avexir Blitz DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 512 GB | 3TB Western Digital Red | Dell S2716DG | SteelSeries Sensei | Corsair Vengeance K90 | Corsair Vengeance 1500 / Gigaworks T40

Comment

Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
            OK more to the question..... why do you actually need root?
            Most phones nowadays don't require rooting unless its a samshite of some sort that you want to remove all the stock apps to save space [emoji1417][emoji23]
            <iframe height='160' width='300' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='https://www.strava.com/athletes/2768256/activity-summary/f83653646f45d8258c46d33b43bfa7598850ffdd'></iframe>

Comment

I too was going to suggest buying a nexus

I think there's a small number of apps which need rooting but I've never needed them.

Comment

I needed a custom kernel for my Nexus 6 to get rid of the battery throttling (only bad thing about the phone).

i didn't need a custom ROM but unfortunately the stock ROM would wipe the custom recovery each boot so I had to root the phone to stop it doing that.

I used Nexus Root Toolkit in the end which was pretty hassle free but it does use SuperSU which I've since discovered was bought by some Chinese company, a little worrying maybe. Anyway it was too much of a hassle to try and do it all again with a different root so I guess I'm stuck with it as is.
                i5 2500k | 16GB RAM | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC | 256GB + 240GB SSDs | 1TB + 3TB HDDs | Define R5 Black | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz + BenQ 24" 1080p 144Hz

Comment

Samsung S5 and S7, sick of all the SamWare

Comment

Odin is usually the best for samshiiite. Have a read on here mate https://www.sammobile.com/forum/forum.php
                    Last edited by scrivz69; 17-07-17, 19:38.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

oh the irony!!!!

was not so long back i recall talk of how samsung ruled the roost, how it made them better than htc and their stock droid

https://www.xda-developers.com/root/

https://www.androidcentral.com/root

been a while, but from those 2 sites i figured out how to make my own custom rom
                      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                      Plato

Comment

I'm just trolling with phone comments Marsey you should know me by now

Not been into phones proper for 5-6 years, ran my SGS3 into the ground, now have missus hand me down SGS5, gone are the days of 35-40 contracts and the latest phone/or buying sim free.

Next phone will be hand me down SGS7

Comment

China Phones are catching up... not had a mainstream phone for years.... always buy up front and use my 15 all in 3 sim....

my current phone is the Elephone P9000 (which has been and still is faultless) my next phone is the Bluboo S1 ( because I want something new lol) never needed to root it either
                          posted by scrivz69
                          i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
                            my next phone is the Bluboo S1 ( because I want something new lol) never needed to root it either
                            gorgeous looking thing that, and the pre-sale price is..

only thing I wonder about is the battery life.

if I weren't so happy with my BB Passport I'd be giving that one a go as well

Comment

Originally posted by niceguyrichy View Post
                              gorgeous looking thing that, and the pre-sale price is..

only thing I wonder about is the battery life.

if I weren't so happy with my BB Passport I'd be giving that one a go as well
                              I am smitten with the Xiaomi Mix...but the price is just wow!!! and then the S1 showed up....so yup.... and with the points I have on GB...I got it for 110 ..cant go wrong lol
                              posted by scrivz69

Comment

Working...
                              X