Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disable bluetooth auto connect on Elephone P9000?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable bluetooth auto connect on Elephone P9000?

Is there any way to stop android trying to auto connect to the last used bluetooth device.

It's really annoying when I go to use my headphones when I'm out and have to wait while it tries to connect to my shower speaker or tv soundbar.

Had a google about but couldn't find anything of note that helps me.
    Last edited by luke22; 25-05-17, 20:31.
    "They're gonna find out
    I don't know who they are or what they're gonna find out
    But they're gonna find out
    And it's gonna be over real quick"

Not sure about disabling it.. but can't you just click on the device you want to connect to and it then stops is current connection and tries that one?

Originally posted by coiler
    Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Mine doesn't.
      If I turn on my headphones it connects straight away, same with my Bluetooth speaker, or car, or whatever. It never tries to connect to something that isn't there.
      I have Bluetooth switched on all the time though, so maybe it's already done it's searching before I try to do something with it.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
      the trails is where life flows best
      Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

Unpair it

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          Not sure about disabling it.. but can't you just click on the device you want to connect to and it then stops is current connection and tries that one?
          It always seems to be connecting to the last device which in turn make it take longer to connect to the device I want, even when clicking what I want.
          Originally posted by cruciate View Post
          Mine doesn't.
          If I turn on my headphones it connects straight away, same with my Bluetooth speaker, or car, or whatever. It never tries to connect to something that isn't there.
          I have Bluetooth switched on all the time though, so maybe it's already done it's searching before I try to do something with it.

I don't know why but my phone just seems to always try and connect to last used device even if said device is turned off.
          Even once it has connected to once device, it still shows as connecting to the turned off device.

Originally posted by cold fusion View Post
          Unpair it
          I've done that a few times, but then I have to re-pair whatever I unpaired.
          Things like portable speakers I use lots, but not enough that unpairing and re-pairing is a problem. On the other hand I use my soundbar and headphones daily so a slight annoyance to have to keep pairing an unpairing one of those
          "They're gonna find out

Comment

can you not disable bluetooth on your soundbar so you only need to enable it as and when you want your phone to sync? That's how bluetooth works on my soundbar

Comment

I switch input on the soundbar basically turning BT off then switch to it as and when required, but my phone will still try to connect to it if I used that last. It's fine if I want to use that but annoying if not.
              "They're gonna find out

Comment

That does sound pretty annoying. Weirdly I don't have that issue on Android.

Comment

What phone is it?

the trails is where life flows best
                  Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

which flavour of droid is it?
                    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                    Plato

Comment

Could you perhaps use Tasker or Trigger to get around this?

Can't say I've noticed this issue myself but then I don't have as many Bluetooth devices as you by the sounds of it.
                      i5 2500k | 16GB RAM | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC | 256GB + 240GB SSDs | 1TB + 3TB HDDs | Define R5 Black | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz + BenQ 24" 1080p 144Hz

Comment

I've not seen this issue myself but what phone are you using and what version of android? stock or custom rom?

Comment

Running stock 7.0 Nougat on a Elephone P9000.

I guess 5 devices (only 2 I use daily) is more than most people have/use, but then the issue would likely show up for me no matter how many devices I had 2 or above.
                          "They're gonna find out

Comment

Should be ok really, I have six devices in my list and frequently connect to two at a time in the car with no issue. I am running a oneplus 3 with stock rom

Comment

i have edited the title to see if it lures one of the other guys who have one out, maybe they have the same issue?

i think scrivz has one of them, maybe more
                              "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                              Plato

Comment

Working...
                              X