Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roaming in the US - Has anyone done this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roaming in the US - Has anyone done this?

Hey guys I'll going to the US soon for 3 weeks for business and I need to get a sim/roaming sim for my personal phone for calls texts and data, I can use my vodaphone sim however for being away for 3 weeks I don't fancy paying 105 quid so I'm thinking it maybe cheaper for me to maybe buy a sim over there and use it.

Has anyone got an experience with doing this? Also what is a good deal I should look for?

Sorry I don't have any clue about this.

Thanks, Pineapple

Possible to get a one month sim only with Three if you're phoning the UK as the US is covered by Feel at home.
    Intel i5 3570k - ASRock Z77E-ITX - Corsair H100i - Exceleram 8GB 1600MHz - 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD - Samsung 840EVO 1TB SSD - Asus 960 Strix - Silverstone 500W SFX-L - NCASE M1 - Dell U2414H
    Lenovo Yoga 11S - Intel i3 3229Y - 128GB SSD - Intel HD4000 - 11.6" IPS Screen

Comment

GO Sim...... http://www.gosim.com/us-sim-card.html

45 for 30 days unlimited Text ...unlimited calls... unlimited data (but only 1gb at 4g )

I made the assumption that you need the sim for local calls texts and data.... ( $10 worth of International calls though ) ... Dual sim phone??

Or.... wait until you get there and walk into any AT & T shop and get a prepaid sim card....

Or Best Buy and pick up a prepaid phone...
      Last edited by joker3327; 14-09-16, 15:28.
      posted by scrivz69
      I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
      i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Originally posted by Avro View Post
        Possible to get a one month sim only with Three if you're phoning the UK as the US is covered by Feel at home.
        this - I've been to Florida earlier this year, when I booked it wasn't on the Feel at Home thingy, when I arrived it was = WINNER

As data on 3 is cheaper than US phone charges - smack a little credit onto a VOIP provider, like Skype or an.other
        Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
        Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Thanks guys I think I'll go with the three sim only deal. It will only be for calling him receiving calls and texts etc on my personal phone, any roaming calls like the US etc I'll use my work phone for that

Comment

I was in Canada for 3 weeks this year.. Cheapest option for me was to just buy a payg sim while I was there.

I do the same thing in Zambia every year too..

Originally posted by coiler
            Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Yea for 25 you can't go wrong with Three's "unlimited" data.

It is 1000GB in the UK though, not sure about US.

Comment

Saw on three's website all you can eat data is capped at 12gb for the US, would the same apply for the lower data limits such as the 12gb plan?

Comment

Working...
                X