• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung recalls Note 7 flagship over explosive batteries

Seeing as if this was Apple, everyone would be jumping on it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37253742

Originally posted by Aria
    On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

My mate has one on order. He's hoping they will have fixed the issue by the time his is available. This doesn't look very good for Samsung. Were apple making the batteries or something?
    My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

I was looking at upgrading to one of these today but thinking about not now as I wasnt fully sure anyway.

People I know if the phone circuits say for the price its just not worth it so might just go for the S7 Edge.
      Check out FL-Photos & Lee Whittaker Photography

Comment

They've had 38 reports of fires / explosions, which was described as "only" 38, but that's a LOT.
        They must know something is up.

nVidia recalled the Shield tablet after 2 reports of fire.
        Originally posted by coiler
        He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
        Originally posted by BigIan88
        turn off that sexy nonsense
        Originally posted by Salad Soup
        turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

People will buy cheap china phones lol.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

they had to though, didn't they.
            cheaper to do it now when they've only shifted a couple million of them.
            other option is leave it & wait for some fatal house fire to be attributed to a faulty Sammy
            the neg publicity should something like ^ that happen would cost them so much more..

Comment

People would jump all over this if it was apple....because apple wouldn't have done the recall

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Comment

Apple would sell it as a feature. A hand/pocket warmer.
                My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

Incider says apples never go off!!!
                  I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
                  Dave Burnett

Comment

All jokes aside, I'm impressed by the way samsung are dealing with the issue. How many hotpoint tumble driers have gone up now? How many Vauxhall zafira's have bunt to a crisp? These companies are not taking responsibility for the issues but samsung was straight in there and recalled them all.

Originally posted by Aria
                    On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

Working...
                    X