Spec me an Android phone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spec me an Android phone

After 2 repairs and just over 2 years' use my 1st gen Moto G is packing up again, and I frankly can't be arsed to deal with it this time.

So I'm looking for a new phone. All I really care about is:

1. At least the same hardware specs as my XT1032 (all I do is facebook/messenger, so anything is fine really)

2. Durability/robustness (obviously this one is somewhat difficult to predict)

3. SIM free. I am just going to carry my iD sim over.

4. Budget ~100 give or take

The WileyFox Swift looks particularly tempting, especially since it has cyanogen preloaded (so I won't have to worry about voiding warranties trying to load it manually). Any other recommendations?

EDIT: Oh also, LED notification is a must.
    Last edited by spleenharvester; 09-05-16, 02:37.
    Dell Vostro 3560 | Intel Core i5-3380M | 8GB RAM | HD4000 graphics | Sandisk SSDPlus 120GB | Windows 10 Pro

My sister just got a Swift from the big river and she loves it.

I had a quick play and I was surprised at how snappy it was for a budget phone. For 100 you'll struggle to do much better I reckon.
    Originally posted by coiler
    He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
    Originally posted by BigIan88
    turn off that sexy nonsense
    Originally posted by Salad Soup
    turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Originally posted by omega View Post
      My sister just got a Swift from the big river and she loves it.

I had a quick play and I was surprised at how snappy it was for a budget phone. For 100 you'll struggle to do much better I reckon.
      Thanks, was thinking the same. The Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 was the other one people seem to rave about in this bracket and the screen is just too large for my liking. Think I'm going to go for this one.
      Dell Vostro 3560 | Intel Core i5-3380M | 8GB RAM | HD4000 graphics | Sandisk SSDPlus 120GB | Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Got the phone today, loving it. Does anyone know how to make the status bar opaque in lollipop by the way? I have a light wallpaper and it means I can't see any of the icons.

Comment

A video here of 12.1 don't know it it will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Guo7h-YRVrA

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivz69 View Post
            A video here of 12.1 don't know it it will help.

[YOUTUBE]Guo7h-YRVrA[YOUTUBE]
            What's really odd is that I don't have that 'Status bar' menu option. I have it on my Moto G (which was running CM13) but not here. Maybe it's not present on Cyanogen OS, only cyanogenmod builds?

EDIT: Nvm, there was a setting in my launcher (Nova)

Comment

Lol not used CM since I sold my OPO so not much help mate sorry.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

3 months down the line, the Swift has a faulty lock button, battery life has dropped off the map, and is now sat in a reboot loop.

Can anyone recommend me a 150 Android phone, pref with a decent camera?

Comment

Elephone P9000 my daily Driver and its awesome....

bay of E item #272343284747

Cant comment on the camera from a Photography point of view..... but my happy snaps seem ok to me lol.....

http://www.trustedreviews.com/elephone-p9000-review

http://www.xda-developers.com/elephone-p9000-review/
                  Last edited by joker3327; 18-08-16, 09:00.
                  posted by scrivz69
                  I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
                  i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Originally posted by spleenharvester View Post
                    3 months down the line, the Swift has a faulty lock button, battery life has dropped off the map, and is now sat in a reboot loop.

Can anyone recommend me a 150 Android phone, pref with a decent camera?
                    Moto G4 2016

picked one up from Argos two weeks ago, day before holiday as my Sony battery fell off a cliff. Pretty impressed with it tbh
                    Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                    Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Working...
                    X